Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organisation in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, malaria prevention, and treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, newborn, and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the British Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers, the Global Fund and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career growth and advancement, an excellent working environment, and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit self-motivated and highly qualified persons to fill the under-listed vacant position, in response to organisational expansion into new geographies:
Job Title: Communication and Knowledge Management Advisor
Reference ID: sfh-72093
Employment Type: Full Time
- This position will be responsible for providing technical and coordination support in Communication and Knowledge Management (CKM) aimed at enhancing and promoting the visibility of the project through innovative CKM methods and tools.
- Emphasis should be given to communicating the results, lessons learnt, best practices and successes to key stakeholders including government, partners and policy makers using a range of communication methods.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate and support development of key messages, success stories, Fact sheets policy briefs and other communication materials that will increase project visibility.
- Coordinate learning, experience sharing and dissemination
- Build capacity of program staff on documentation and media engagement
- Develop an archiving system that will help ensure all vital programme documents, pictures, videos, policy briefs, advocacy tools and other publicity materials etc. are properly and systematically stored to aid ease of retrieval when needed.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a First Degree in Communication, Journalism, Knowledge Management, Public Policy Communication or a related field.
- A Master’s degree in mass communication or a related field.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years post qualification experience in communication, health communications/reporting, knowledge management, social media, or related field, and working in public health with international donor programmes.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Demonstrate strength and experience writing project reports (progress updates, monthly, quarterly, annually), technical reports, and policy briefs.
- Excellent interpersonal skill and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with IntegratE Project internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience at organising and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes.
- Competency in MS Word, excel, outlook, power point and graphic design software.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build consensus across diverse sets of stakeholders.
- Experience in client relation management, reporting, programme work planning.
- Fluent in English (written & oral communication) with strong verbal, listening and oral communication skills.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, written and oral communication skills
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for this position is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
Deadline: 31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply. We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH.
- However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified candidates who are residents in the states where the roles are situated are strongly encouraged to apply.