The Federal University Gashua is one of the 12 new Universities established 6 years ago, by the Federal Government to bridge the gap of University education in all States of the Federation, which hitherto had no Federal Universities. The University, which took off in 2014 started off with a remedial studies programmes and later with academic programmes in Arts, Science and Agriculture which had 21 programmes in all. The Centre for Irrigation and Desertification Studies (CIDS) also commenced operation from inception.
The Vision of the University is, “to be a leading Centre of Excellence distinguished by its innovative and competitive approach to teaching, learning, research and service to humanity”, therefore, it intends to he ranked among the best Universities world-wide.
Federal University Gashua has declared the position of the Director Works and Physical Planning vacant. In accordance with section a (1) of Federal University Gashu Establishment Act, 2015, the Governing Council is inviting applications from suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works and Physical Planning
Location: Gashua, Yobe
- The Director of Works and Physical Planning is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the physical development of the University, is responsible for the coordination and supervision of physical development projects;
- Ensures quality and standard structures in the University through proper supervision, advice and liaison with relevant bodies involved in the construction of all structures of the University.
- The Director must be a person of proven integrity and demonstrate transparency in public and private life as well as command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- He/she must also be receptive to new ideas and is willing to translate them into new projects in line with phased physical development plans of the University.
Candidates for this post should:
- Possess a good honours Degree from recognized University in Building Engineering, Civil Engineering, Quantity Survey, or related fields from a recognized University with not less than Fifteen (15) years cognate experience, eight (8) years of which must in the University system
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
- The applicant must be on the rank of Deputy Director in a recognized University for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Be registered with the relevant professional body such as ARCON, COREN QSRBN, CORBON, etc.
The salary attached to this position is CONTISS 15. Other benefits to the holder of the office are as stipulated in the University’s conditions of service.
Deadline: 17th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit Fifteen (15) copies of typed Applications Letter with photocopies of Certificates claimed, Curriculum Vitae and names of 3 (three) referees. The CV should contain their personal details in the following order listed below:
- Full name (Surname first in Capital Letters)
- Place and Date of birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of children
- Email and GSM number
- Postal address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of origin & Local Govt. Area
- Schools attended & qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of professional bodies
- Names and addresses of 3 (three) referees
All Applications together with the supporting documents and names of 3 (three) referees should be enclosed in an envelop marked “CONFIDENTIAL: for the attention of the Registrar” at the left hand corner of the envelope and addressed and sent to:
Federal University Gashua,
Note: Late applications will not be entertained and only short-listed Candidates will be contacted.