Our organisation, a Research and Training Centre located in Ibadan, Oyo State is offering exciting opportunities for enthusiastic professionals to join our dynamic team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Editor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- We are looking for an Editor, with a good sense of what makes an interesting angle to a story, to juggle all the moving parts of publications.
- You will plan, coordinate, review and edit content.
- The successful candidate will be able to decide which ideas should be pursued and which should get dropped in order to meet quality and accuracy standards.
- The goal is to provide exceptional, informative and engaging content.
- Coordinate online or print publishing cycle and manage content areas
- Set publication standards and establish goals and expectations
- Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences
- Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors
- Proof-read, edit and improve stories or pieces
- Recruit and manage writers and reporters
- Cooperate and liaise with designers, photographers, advertising reps, writers, artists etc
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines
- Meet deadlines and budget requirements
- B.Sc Degree in Journalism or in related field.
- Proven working experience as an Editor
- Strong writing/editing/proof-reading skills and an excellent portfolio
- Hands on experience with MS Office and InDesign, Photoshop or other publishing tools
- Proven familiarity with SEQ and social media best practices
- Excellent written skills in English
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking
- Prioritizing and multitasking
- Membership of relevant professional bodies would be an added advantage.
Deadline: 6th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to the “Human Resources Manager” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: The position is suited to individuals that are looking to advance their careers and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
Leave a Reply