AYGF is a non-governmental and non-profit organisation registered to contribute positive changes in the economic and social status of Nigerians and Africans through effective programs that deliver sustainable outcomes. The Organization currently has its Head Quarters in Abuja, (FCT) with state offices in Kogi State, Niger State and Ogun State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Admin Officer
Location: Minna, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Finance & Administration (F&A) Officer will be responsible for overseeing all financial project management, as well as general office services.
- The F&A Officer will be responsible for maintaining financial integrity, preparing all financial reports efficiently in accordance with relevant financial reporting standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance and Admin Officer has the following responsibilities:
- Manage the accounting, finance, and administration components of programs, including petty cash funds and field office finance, accounting, and administrative activities;
- Establish program financial management systems, procedures and controls to ensure consistency with donor requirements;
- Coordinate monthly requests for funds to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations, and coordinate and oversee program tendering and procurement activities;
- Advise project staff on financial health through the provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports;
- Compute tax for (PAYE, VAT, WHT and NSITF monthly remittance and filings.
- Produce budget projections, analysis, and reports for review and action by the Project Manager and ED;
- Manage financial files and support annual audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Review and approve all vouchers prepared (disbursement, receipt, and general journal vouchers) for expenditures and ensure that expenses are reasonable, allowable, and allocable to the project;
- Maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds;
- Supervise project staff, consultants, and partners working in finance and administration for the project;
The ideal candidate should have;
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field strongly preferred.
- At least 7 years finance experience in donor funded projects.
- Must live in Niger State (Minna).
Skills / Competencies:
- Strong management, communication, and negotiation skills, and the ability to collect data from multiple partners.
- In-dept knowledge of Microsoft suit such as excel, word and power point.
- Knowledge of local financial and accounting systems preferred.
- Knowledge of donor regulations, policies, and procedures and familiarity with grants management.
Deadline: 25th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- AYGF is an equal opportunity employer, women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted.