GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller – West Africa
Ref No: R3589419
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Category: Healthcare Finance
Job Description Summary
- You will provide technical Controllership guidance to both finance and operations leaders for a specialist area within controllership, and/or support to Zone controller
- You will also manage the controllership team in West Africa.
- Establish standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operational and transactional processes impacting the financial statements, including closing, reporting and analysis
- Drive consistent and effective policies and procedures during monthly/quarterly close process including account reconciliations, account reconciliation audits, GE Data Request (DR) submissions, representation letters and adjusting entries.
- Monitor and Drive GE and GEHC initiatives, simplification projects and integration projects. Provide leadership on these projects.
- Plan and budget the resources necessary to complete all activities on-time and in accordance with authoritative guidance.
- Ensure that the balance sheet account reconciliations are completed within corporate guidelines
- Ensure US, GE and local GAAP finance records are maintained in timely, accurate and complete fashion
- Ensure Controllership and Compliance of all Finance Activities and Documentation within Local Statutory, GE Corporate and Business practices, policies and requirements
- Ensure compliance with provided requirements
- Proactively lead adherence to GE GAPs
- Participate in annual pre-close and monthly controllership reviews with key operations and financial management personnel.
- Partner with GE Corporate Audit Staff and Internal audit for internal GE compliance reviews. Drive closure of open audit issues and proactively work to prevent future issues / manage risk. Lead resulting corrective action process implementation and follow up throughout the organization.
- Perform financial analysis of balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance, integrity of account balances/financial reporting and effectiveness of business processes.
- Perform quality assurance on all documentation.
- Research and advise on complex technical accounting issues
- Support commercial and operations leaders/teams to understand financial/accounting implications of transactions and other matters by providing GE expertise and technical accounting guidance.
- Reports finance status and key metrics to the Business Zone Controller
- Special projects related to internal control over financial operations and reporting as determined by Business Zone Controller and West Africa CFO.
- Drive business growth through simplification processes with P&L and Functional Finance Leaders
- Manage relationship with auditors to drive efficient and effective audit processes (audit planning, debrief meeting, audit fees etc.)
- Partner with GE Healthcare Tax leader to manage the relationship with Tax Advisors to drive efficient and effective tax processes (CIT/ VAT/WHT tax returns preparation, tax audit support, FAS 109 completion)
- Ensure readiness for tax field audits and establish right archiving mechanism for processes owned by GEHC and monitor/test archiving mechanism for processes owned by business teams and BPOs and ensure compliance
- Work closely with financial and operational leadership to pro-actively assess and manage financial risk. Identify potential risks and opportunities and communicate effectively. Interpret finance risks and opportunities to local circumstances and present workable solutions.
- Graduate (BA /B.Sc or MBA) in Finance with progressive accounting and finance experience including developing forecasts and operating plans and leading business / finance reviews.
- Demonstrated proficiency in U.S. GAAP, local GAAP and authoritative accounting literature (i.e. FASB pronouncements).
- Experience working in a global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner.
- Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change.
- Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas.
- Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others.
- Confidence/Assertiveness: strong influencing skills.
- Experience working in a matrix environment.
- Experience leading in a global business environment; minimum of two years’ experience leading team members.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online