The Leprosy Mission Nigeria (TLMN) is a Christian Health and Development Organization working in partnerstiip with the Federal Ministry of Health and with the State Ministries of Health in 10 states (Akwa lbom, Kogi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi Benue, Katsina Nasarawa and the FCT- Abuja) towards the eradication leprosy and the care/restoration of persons and communities affected by leprosy.
We seek to recruit suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Advisor
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reports to: Head of Programmes and Operations
Department: Programmes and Operations
- Ensure the TLM-Nigeria gender policy is applied across the full programme management cycle in order to ensure gender objectives are translated to analysis, initiatives and operations, as well as decision-making processes and the development of good practices;
- Introduce gender mainstreaming into operational practice and programme planning in TLM-Nigeria;
Map, Assess and Analyse:
- Collect information pertaining to how gender is considered in all TLM-Nigeria organised training, survey/clearance and risk education;
- Review planned project proposals for comment/input regarding barriers to women’s empowerment and gender equality; and
- Collect, supervise and analyses sex and disability disaggregated data and measure progress against gender indicators.
- Propose revisions, the introduction of best practices and adoption of gender guidelines within TLM-Nigeria partners’ policies/SOP/manuals and practices to mainstream gender equality and improve prioritization and planning processes.
- Ensure TLM-Nigeria processes and programmes take into consideration the specific needs of women in order to overcome social barriers, perceptions and challenges impeding women’s participation and influence;
- Facilitate multiple training/workshops for TLM-Nigeria programme and technical staff on gender mainstreaming;
- Propose a data collection system so that TLM-Nigeria Monitoring and Evaluation Officers collect gender, disability, and age disaggregated data on beneficiaries;
- Provide TLM-Nigeria Programmes Team with advice on how to strengthen and improve TLM-Nigeria Programme engagement and activities concerning gender as well as support with gender mainstreaming in TLM-Nigeria Programme proposals and other documentation;
- Proactively make recommendations on gender-sensitive approaches, and support specific initiatives as requested by TLM-Nigeria partners;
- Include specific gender indicators and describing strong and critical aspects related to the implementation of the planned activities quarterly internal reports for TLM-Nigeria Programmes;
- Provide technical support to ensure that gender is further mainstreamed into all areas of TLM-Nigeria Country strategy;
- Supports the implementation of UN Security Council Resolutions on Women;
- Coordinates, as needed, with other UN agencies, Funds and Programmes that have complementary mandates on gender-related issues through participating in working-level mechanisms, as well as coordinates with relevant institutions; and
- Supports the provision of technical expertise as required to relevant partners on strategies for gender mainstreaming, including expanding the capacity for gender analysis and designing gender-sensitive policies and programmes.
- Perform any other duties as requested and tasked by the Head of Programmes and Operations.
- Contribute to the development of communication materials on TLM-Nigeria initiatives, including wins, learnings, and our reach and impact for internal and external audiences.
- Analyse and present data effectively in graphic and online formats to reach TLM-Nigeria supporters, partners and donors.
- Develop and manage work plans and processes for effective collaboration with internal and external TLM-Nigeria partners.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in development-related disciplines, gender Issues, Human Rights, Political Science, Behavioural Science, or other relevant Social Science fields, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- First-level university degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in development-related disciplines, gender Issues, Human Rights, Political Science, Behavioural Science, or other relevant Social Science fields, with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- Good Social Media presence.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in gender and development, gender and security, gender analysis, or gender training
- Experience implementing gender-responsive initiatives is required
- Experience working on gender-related issues in conflict / post-conflict environments is desirable
- Practising Christian able to produce resources that reflect TLM as a faith-based organization.
- Committed Christian with good Christian testimony
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Honest and dedicated
- Ability to manage people under him very well.
- Problem solver
- Ability to adapt to changing work situations
- Willing to travel and flexibility in unpredictable circumstances
Deadline: 24th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal Employer Opportunity
- TLM is an equal-opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, gender, color and disability.
- Qualified women and persons with disability are strongly encouraged to appIy.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.