The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading African reinsurance company with headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re has six regional offices: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius). The Corporation equally has two subsidiaries: African Reinsurance Corporation South Africa Ltd in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful in Cairo (Egypt) and one Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding comprising 41 African member States, the African Development Bank (AfDB), 114 African insurance and reinsurance companies and three non-regional shareholders, including leading global insurers and reinsurers. The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A by A.M. Best and A – by Standard & Poor’s.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Communication & Shareholder Relations
Reporting to: Corporate Secretary.
Grade Level: Professional.
- The incumbent will develop and execute a comprehensive Corporate Communications program and Shareholder Relations that aligns with the Corporations’ strategy to enhance the perception and visibility of Africa Re.
- The successful candidate will serve as one of the primary contacts with the Shareholder Community and the Public.
Duties / Job Details
The duties of the Head, Communication & Shareholder Relations comprise amongst others:
- Participates in the development of the Corporation’s Communication Strategy, operating plan, and budget as well as leads the execution of related programs
- Participates in the development of the Corporation’s Shareholder Relations Strategy, operating plan, and budget as well as leads the execution of related programs
- Acts as liaison between Africa Re and the public on media matters
- Maintains and develops a positive public image for Africa Re.
- Facilitates the Corporation’s annual meetings, which may include coordinating the meeting space, arranging press coverage, and other related tasks.
- Produces periodic and annual shareholder and other relevant reports and publications
- Educates and updates Shareholders and keeps them and other stakeholders knowledgeable about the Corporation.
- Keeps an accurate database of all shareholders and other stakeholders of the Corporation.
- Leads the email and mail distribution of relevant Corporation news releases and other publications
- Facilitates the development of strategic communications, directed at the insurance industry, financial community and the public in general, related to corporate milestones, quarterly financial results, annual report and other disclosures, including press releases, conference call scripts, slides and Q&A
- Manages corporate overview presentation and the Shareholder Relation section of corporate website
- Manages the engagement of third-party Public Relations Firms and other external media relations
- Organizes, plans, attends to and tracks Corporation presentations and industry speaking engagements, webinars, awards ceremonies and conferences
- Coordinate all corporate social responsibility activities of the Corporation, including serving as the technical and implementation partner of the Africa Re Foundation and its Counsil
- Serves as primary contact and resource for fielding Shareholder calls, requests for information, and shareholder questions
- Any other work or task requested by the Corporate Secretary and the Executive Management
Main Competencies Required For This Position:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Excellent graphic, audio and video presentation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills with a variety of personalities and positions.
- Ability to analyze and improve opportunities for Shareholders.
- Basic financial and investment analysis skills.
- Ability to draft engaging and impactful messages for inspiring communication.
- Must be able to anticipate needs, be proactive and exercise independent decision-making
- Strong planning and project management skills to prioritize and complete multiple assignments and coordinate workflow
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Team player, strong communication, negotiation and training skills.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under deadlines
- Proactive & innovative mindset.
- Cross cultural and cross functional skills.
- Integrity and proven sense of responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Able to work in an international environment.
- Excellent computer skills required in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Concur etc.)
- Good planning and reporting skills.
- Capacity for analyzing, synthesizing and reasoning
- Ability to quickly build very good and sustainable relationships
Qualifications And Professional Experience
Applicants shall be holders of:
- A University or Bachelor’s Degree in Mass (or Corporate) Communication, Public Relations or relevant fields of study.
- Relevant Master’s degree and professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years’ cognate experience, with at least 4 years of Shareholder Relations / Corporate Communications experience at a multinational or an international organization.
Applicants must also be:
- Able to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English and/or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
Salary & Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Duty Post Differential (Cost of Living Allowance), that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation and result of surveys.
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Housing Allowance;
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Home leave to country of origin every one (1) year paid by the employer – if Non- Nigerian National;
- Other benefits and privileges to be communicated to the selected candidates.
Deadline: 31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online