Education as a Vaccine is a non-governmental youth-focused organization that works in partnership with children and young people to advance their rights to health and protection from all forms of violence by strengthening their capacities providing direct services and influencing policies for improved quality of life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Programs, EVA
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Reports to: Executive Director
Organizational Unit: Management
- As a key member of the Senior Management Team, the Head of Programs will coordinate the development and implementation of quality programs and activities following national, state, funding agency and organization’s guidelines and requirements.
- S/He will be responsible for providing direction, coordination and support to the Program Team Leads, namely the Team Lead, Advocacy and Policy Influencing Unit and Team Lead, Individual and Community Capacity Strengthening and their team members.
- The Head of Programs will ensure the smooth implementation of projects and the achievement of program objectives and outcomes.
- The Head of Programs will report directly to and work closely with the Executive Director. S/He will supervise the Team Lead, Advocacy and Policy Influencing Unit and Team Lead, Individual and Community Capacity Strengthening and work closely with Team Lead, Strategy, Development and Learning to deliver key tasks.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development of new ideas and projects to meet the organization’s objectives, goals, mission and vision
- Supervise and support the program Team Leads and their team members by providing technical and strategic guidance, program direction, input and feedback
- Serve as technical lead on developing project proposals and concept notes for new program ideas in collaboration with Team Lead, Strategy, Development and Learning.
- Ensure that interventions are tailored to meet the needs and promote adolescents and young people’s rights, particularly adolescent girls and young women.
- Provide management oversight for ongoing programs, ensuring that all projects are managed to budget and achieve the planned results on time based on organizational policy and donor requirements
- Coordinate the development of annual organizational programs work plans and budget
- Provide regular program and operational/financial reports to the Executive Director and Board Programs Committee
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with program partners and stakeholders
- Oversee program/project-related monitoring, evaluation and learning process
- Report monitoring and evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program as appropriate
- Develop technical documents, including training guides, manuals, booklets etc., to aid the implementation of programs at the field level
- Review and approve all organizational program reports submitted to external partners and donors.
Staff Management And Team Work:
- Deputize for the Executive Director or other colleagues as required.
- Facilitate shared learning and joint initiatives about programme implementation of activities
- Support the development and realisation of program monitoring, evaluation and learning as well as knowledge management outcomes by promoting documentation and sharing of lessons learned
- Work with the Executive Director to cultivate and manage donor relationships and partnerships.
- Nurture an open and collaborative work environment that encourages learning, productivity, accountability, flexibility, respect, non-discrimination and communication
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview and select qualified program staff.
- Serve as a non-voting member of the Board Program Committee
- Work closely with the Executive Director and HR staff to carry out annual performance appraisals of program team members and develop capacity building plans
Education and Experience
- A Degree in Public Health, International Relations, Gender Studies, International Development, or related field. An advanced degree is desirable but not required for this position.
- Minimum 5-7 years of advocacy/program experience required. Experience in influencing the policy and practice of governments and institutions through campaigning, advocacy and/or policy development is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking, policy development and fluent written/spoken English
- Experience working with local NGOs required
- Experience working and building collaborative relations with members of civil society, government, academia, and the private sector
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative as well as develop and implement programs
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to lead, inspire, manage, coach and mentor staff at both individual and collective level.
Deadline: 27th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online