CVM Career Company (A recruiting firm) – We help professionals like YOU use their career stories to land job interviews by writing functional CVs and Résumés and we also provide them with tools to navigate the world of work through our various coaching services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Research Department
Location: Oniru, Victoria Island – Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Research Officer would be responsible for interfacing with Authors, article contributors, publishers, and Faculty of the organization in facilitating the production of various publications.
- Identifying tasks and research objectives for the research department of the company in line with the requirements and needs of the organization.
- Carry out the planning of quantitative (surveys) and qualitative research in support of projects related to Corporate Governance and effective leadership
- Writing and collating the literature reviews, articles, abstracts, presentations, and other information to produce the Bi-annual Journal of Corporate Governance.
- Participate in, and follow up the process of designing research methodologies, collecting information and data, analysing data, identifying gaps in available governance texts, and providing recommendations for data improvement and data collection.
- Coordinate the planning and development of different publications that address and discuss the issues of Corporate Governance.
- Assist with the gathering and analyses of data, editing and preparation of literature reviews, manuscripts.
- Conducting primary and secondary research for the Company’s physical and electronic publications. These include literature review of the topics, interviews, and surveys.
- Performing data gathering and analysis using analytical/statistical software like SPSS, SAS, Data melt etc.
- Providing background research for the company’s weekly electronic publication
- Preparing detailed proposals and materials for submission to agencies and foundations for providing funding for our research activities
- Reviewing and updating existing publications of the company in line with new information, policies, and requirements
- Identifying appropriate research and other published reports or articles for inclusion in the Corporate Governance library
- Assisting with developing communication materials, scheduling interviews with the contributors to the Journal of Corporate Governance
- Analysing questionnaires and writing reports, company brochures and similar documents
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor
- A B.Sc. Degree in Social Sciences from a reputable university (Master’s / Ph.D. is an advantage)
- High-level competence in drafting and editing papers and reports in English.
- Analytical and planning skills, the ability to set priorities, an aptitude for achieving significant results.
- The capacity to motivate, together with the ability characterised by a teamwork mindset to establish and maintain effective communication with colleagues.
- Knowledge of research methodologies and previous experience in qualitative and quantitative research.
- Proven record of work with statistical data and research databases.
- A demonstrable track record related to the production of quality publications and of ensuring closure of simultaneously significant publication projects.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills, including the ability to manage priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
N150,000 – N250,000 / Month.
Deadline: 12th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.