Rich-Oak is a fast growing investment, micro-lending and cooperative organisation dedicated to providing financial solutions to all classes of Nigerians. We have a vision of making two-third of Nigeria`s population financially free.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Location: Durumi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitoring of Rich-Oak’s internal control framework, including policies and key risks in order to ensure that the group has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes and business operations.
- Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency.
- Lead the process for internal controls reviews across the various businesses and departments.
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to Executive Managers.
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies.
- Work collaboratively with businesses and departments to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
- Actively seek standardisation and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, assessment and review procedures.
- Actively engage with internal and external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings.
- Develop and conduct adequate training and prepare related information material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology to business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and control.
- To plan, organise and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual and audit plan and Conduct risk assessment of all departments.
- Reports risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the superiors and Company Board and provides recommendations for improving the organisation’s operations.
- Evaluate compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed.
- Identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and engage in continuous education and staff development re best practices.
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented and ensure that all action items are resolved.
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures.
- Evaluate regulatory compliance program.
- Evaluate the organisation’s readiness in case of business interruption.
- Create Rich-Oak’s company’s anti-fraud programs.
- B.Sc in any related course
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to address issues and effect change
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and objective perspective at all times
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and resilient character with the ability to manage expectations
- Ability to work independently (very important)
- Must be a chartered accountant
- At least 2 years cognate experience in the role of Internal control role
- A demonstrated knowledge of internal controls
- Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
- Strong experience and interest for how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency
- Strong analytical skills includes the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for the financial reporting and recommendations for improvement
- Solid understanding and experience with internal control frameworks
- Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organisation with the right level of detail.
- Flexibility in resolving issues and addressing changing priorities.
N80,000 – N100,000 Monthly.
Deadline: 3rd September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV t