Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ITN LGA Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
Timing of Consultancy: October – December 2021
TA Days: 36 days
- We need candidate that will provide direct oversight and effective coordination of all mass campaign activities in the assigned LGA during the ITN mass campaign, providing regular feedback to the Campaign Implementation Team. The consultants are expected to work closely with the technical, operations and finance teams as well as LGA-level team, health facility workers and community volunteers that serve as the frontline service providers.
- The consultants will report to the State Programme Manager who will provide overall coordination and technical oversight to the campaign team.
- The consultants will also relate appropriately with other state MC team such as the State Programme Manager, State Technical Officer, Supply Chain Officer, M&E Officer, Admin Officer and Finance Officer as may be necessary.
Coordination and Oversight:
- The LGA coordinator will ensure LGAs are implementing the campaign in accordance with the National Operational Manual and MC guidelines. S/he will supervise personnel recruitment, support the LGA in advocacy to stakeholders, ensure trainings are carried out accordingly and support the trainings as required, support monitoring and supervision of all campaign activities, support personnel data changes on the ICT4D platform, ensure review meetings are held, export LGA HH mobilization/ITN distribution coverage data from the ICT4D platform and discuss during review meeting, with a view to escalating issues that cannot be resolved at the LGA to the state campaign team for intervention and quick resolution.
- The LGA coordinator are expected to collate the digital and paper attendance sheet and verify names on the attendance sheets. This entails line by line verification and conduct spot checks for paper attendance, and populate the information from the support documents in a required excel template
- The LGA coordinator will verify the account details of campaign personnel using standard methodology. S/he will be responsible for preliminary onsite review of information/data in the field before documents are sent to MC office in Dutse. This is to ensure that discrepancies are detected early, reported and addressed immediately
- The LGA coordinator will collate other support documents that are necessary for payment (such as copies of waybills etc). S/he will be the link between MC and the LGA personnel. S/He will send payment schedule to the finance tean, for further confirmation and revert to participants with issues that need follow-up
- The LGA coordinator will be responsible for distribution of campaign materials (training and implementation) for their respective LGAs and timely delivery to the LGA team. S/he will be responsible for liaising with food vendors for each LGAs to ensure timely delivery of the food, the right quantity based on agreement with the vendor and to report issues with regards to the feeding if any
- The LGA coordinator will ensure effective compliance with the CAT strategy process and provide the required technical guidance to ward supervisors, household mobilizers/ITN distribution teams on the use of the android devices, solar chargers and the Red Rose application
- LGA coordinator will ensure distribution (and subsequent retrieval) of ICT4D tools to identified cluster supervisors, household mobilizers/ITN distribution teams; and update the inventory as necessary. S/he will update device distribution inventory database upon retrieval of devices from cluster supervisors, household mobilizers/ITN distribution teams
- S/he will ensure submission and signing of device security, safety and management document by cluster supervisors, household mobilizers/ITN distribution teams before collection of ICT4D tools and will also provide and deliver buffer devices in a case of theft, loss or damage to ICT4D equipment assigned to campaign personnel for an activity. S/he will ensure completion of device incidence report forms where necessary and provide real time field evaluation report on the use of the devices to designated ICT4D focal supervisor
- Any other duty as assigned by the campaign team
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree (or HND) in a relevant field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet navigation and Outlook
- Previous experience in the use of electronic data monitoring systems will be an advantage
- A minimum of 3 years relevant post-graduation experience
- Work-related experience in a health/public health organization
- Previous experience in ITN mass campaigns will be an advantage
Desirable Criteria and Skills:
- Previous training on the use of mobile technology for health development
- Previous experience working with Federal and/or State Ministry of Health
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and to remain flexible and calm under pressure
- Training and supervision skills are required
- Fluency in Hausa language will be an advantage
Deadline: Friday, 27th August, 2021; 9:59 am
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please indicate position applied for including the state as the subject title of your email application. e.g “ITN LGA Coordinator – Jigawa”
- Kindly note that applicants who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- All application should be sent in on or before the deadline
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all applications should be sent through the above email address
- Individuals blacklisted from implementing the Global Fund grants are not eligible to apply for this advertised position.