EYN Projects is a community-based non-profit/non-governmental organization. We respect and believe in the infinite worth of every individual. This is demonstrated through our developmental and humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening the skills of our staff, and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian and developmental work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Location: Ngala, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Duration of contract: 13 months.
About the Job
- The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer is responsible for all data collection and collation for the GBV implementation Programs.
- She/he is in constant contact with field staff to monitor data collection and ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Furthermore, she/he will contribute to donor reports in coordination with the Community engagement officers, GBV officers, and Caseworkers.
- She/he will assist the M&E coordinator with the other program reports as needed.
- The Officer will be responsible for monitoring activity progress according to project indicators and tracking implementation of quality improvement measures.
- In addition, the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will work with the M&E coordinator to design and implement program evaluation tools to ensure that the project maintains its strategic vision and that expected results are achieved in a timely manner
The MEAL Officer’s primary responsibilities include the following:
Data Collection, Data Analysis, and Monitoring:
- Collecting standard data for all activities and maintain an updated database
- Cleaning and compiling all GBV facility and community-level data
- Ensure that the quality of the data by routine validation.
- Conducting routine data quality audits, reviewing the quality of collected data and the methods for data collection
- Setting monthly targets to be met by the field staff and monitoring the outcomes at the end of the month.
- Liaising with relevant EYN staff to ensure regular and timely information flow/sharing
- Ensuring all relevant data is captured on GBV-IMS (Gender-Based Violence- Information Management System).
- Calculating basic statistics and indicators’ data regularly.
- Providing additional analysis of data and information on different variables when needed.
- Assisting in the development of & GBV MEAL standard operating procedures
- Sharing and discussing MEAL findings and compiling data with relevant program staff to inform program activities and decisions.
- Developing project monitoring plan for the project
- Monitoring all project activities and progress towards realizing the project output.
- Supporting the M&E coordinator in drafting monthly, quarterly, annual, or semi-annual reports related to the program team, according to donor requirements.
- Preparing monthly or bi-monthly reports together with the program department, as required.
- Providing complete and detailed feedback to the field on reporting problems and solutions
- Assisting in designing a comprehensive reporting system while working with staff to ensure coherence and compatibility of information.
Assessments, Evaluation, and Learning:
- In relation with program staff or external consultants, participating in the implementation of surveys and analyze results for program implementation.
- Assisting in the design and development of monitoring and evaluation guidelines and tools in a participatory manner.
- Documenting program progress, including lessons learned and success stories.
- Sharing learning from the M&E process with the wider team
- Assisting in training field staff on M&E tools and techniques.
- Promote the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) standards in EYN Projects and amongst beneficiaries.
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Statistics, Information Management/Technology, Computer science, Public Health/Management, Public Policy, or related field.
- A minimum of three years of satisfactory working experience in data collection, validation, management, and analysis.
- Experience working with NGOs or implementing organizations is strongly preferred.
- Ability to develop and promote effective collaborations within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Ability and readiness to take the initiative in identifying problems, suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive, and empathize with all beneficiaries.
- Experience in GBV-IMS
- Flexible and willing to work and stay in the community of implementation
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders.
- Proven capacity for management and leadership
- Demonstrable ability at report writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian humanitarian context
- Computer proficiency (word, excel, statistical and analysis tools)
- Good analytical data skills, and at ease with figures
- A critical thinker with outstanding interpersonal skills.
Deadline: 24th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- For the application to be valid, EYN Projects only accepts applications with a cover letter.
- Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Multiple submissions will be automatically disqualified.