Precious Palm Royal Hotel is a sensational resort strategically located in a serene and cozy and Transport, Headquarters, Lagos – Benin Expressway. Isiohor, Ugbowo environment; and shares a common boundary with the Nigerian Army School of Supply, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a Procurement Officer, you should work with suppliers to negotiate contracts for the purchase of required goods and keep accurate records of transactions trends. Also to assist the Accounts and Store in the monitoring, reporting and controlling of Cost of Sales and purchases in the company, including audit and control, financial analysis and reporting, restocking, writing of market list, budgeting, forecasting etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement sound purchasing policies, systems and procedures in accordance with the Company standards.
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Obtain competitive quotations for the company and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
- Call for quotations for any items costing more than a certain amount (As per company policy) and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
- A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
- Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the company.
- Receive market list from the Store Keeper/Manager on a regular basis and arranges for delivery of those items.
- Ensure that all authorized or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a regular basis.
- Ensure & verify that quotations are regularly updated and supplier’s new current price lists are maintained.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Purchasing unit in all aspects.
- Research and identify new products and services for the company in the market.
- Check, explain if needed and approves delivered items discrepancy report issued by Store, Accounts or Audit regarding price and quantity order variances.
- Approves all additional requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing, and category and establishes Min/Max estimated stock levels.
- Verify the ‘pending orders’ report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
- Identify items for standing orders utilizing vendor’s logistics for regular deliveries to the company based on approved highly consumed items.
- Ensure validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follows up on action taken for disposal.
- Verify that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filed according to Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Approve all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established Min/Max stock levels.
- Responsible for all purchasing functions, quotations, quality and availability.
- Ensure that the suppliers follow the rules relating to the hygiene of goods delivered.
- Keep all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
- Maintain register of all purchases with their price indicated.
- Ensure that the internal Audit department and security representative and endorse G.R.N (Goods Received Note) when it has been physically inspected.
- Ensure that goods received note is issued when goods are delivered.
- Ensure refund of all excess money to the company account.
- Ensure that adequate entries are made in terms of purchases made to various departments.
- Prepare weekly report of purchases and highlight department in highest consumption.
- Ensure that goods purchases are not damaged.
- Responsible for Procurement Planning, Costing, Contract Negotiations, Warranties, Specifications and related procurement and logistics management functions
- Evaluate suppliers, negotiate contracts of purchase and review product quality
- Manage lean, just-in-time Inventory
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other information to determine reasonable prices
- Attend meetings, trade shows, and conferences to learn about new industry trends and make contacts with suppliers
- Maintain and review records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories
- Responsible to estimation of Freight costs and call-off freight forwarding services from suppliers, to meet required on-site dates at minimum costs
- Assist Management to ensure compliance with group standards and regulations, e.g. export control, Customer Satisfaction Requirement (CST), health and safety, environment, information, security, accounting policy, ethnic program, etc.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you by management from time to time.
- Interview vendors and visit suppliers’ plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services, and prices
- Keep a database of all existing vendors and prospective vendors
- Accountable for the preparation of “Terms of Condition (TOC)’ for the third-party subcontract work or purchase order statement
- Degree in Supply Chain Management and Procurement or related field with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Experience in Tendering Contract Writing and Procurement
- Proven experience in Commercial and Negotiation communication skills
- An excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
- Understanding of risk management
- Proficiency in English language (oral and written) and Hausa language.
- Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined.
- Capable of assertive and positive communication and performance.
- Exemplary safety and managerial leadership skills.
- Clear understanding of behavioural and personnel issues.
- Appropriate standard of technical, legal and professional knowledge as defined by competences.
- Practical familiarity with standard ‘Office’ software package.
- Operation and use of internet and electronic system.
Deadline: 30th August, 2021.