SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, non-governmental, non-political, social development organization which focuses on the child’s development into a self-supporting and contributing member of society. Recognizing the role of the child in his/her own development, as well as the role of his/her family, community, state and other service providers, we work together with all relevant stakeholders to find the most appropriate response to the situation of children at risk of losing parental care and those without parental care.
In Nigeria, SOS Children’s Villages (SOS CV Nigeria) has been active since 1973 and has presence in Lagos, Ogun State, Abuja, Plateau State, Oyo State, Kaduna State, Borno State and Edo State. Over the past years, we have provided quality child care and protection to orphaned and abandoned children that grow up in SOS Children’ Villages Alternative Care and Family Strengthening Programmes.
SOS Children’s Villages is recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Programme Manager
- The Program Manager will be responsible for leading the implementation of the project in SOS Children’s Village Programme in Edo.
- He/She will be responsible for overall management of all components of the project, ensuring excellence and quality inputs at all stages.
- Develop and lead capacity building efforts, including training and technical support, of stakeholders and frontline service providers to strengthen identification, protection, and support to victims of trafficking
- Lead capacity building efforts of children’s institutions within communities to strengthen identification, protection, and child-centered support to child victims of trafficking and other vulnerable children, ensuring that children are protected and cared for in line with their needs and best interests.
- Ensure that technical guidance, tools, and SOPs are implemented in line with national guidelines, principles, and best practices, and adequately consider the unique needs of victims of trafficking
- Develop and maintain effective and productive working relationships with relevant government stakeholders, service providers, and partners in the field of counter-trafficking and child-friendly justice
- Monitor delivery of training, conferences and meetings, and ensure corrective actions are initiated and tracked when required
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned to ensure that goals and objectives of Child Protection projects are met
- Build relationships with agencies and organizations working on trafficking mitigation and response.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- HND/BSC Degree in a relevant subject area, such as Guidance & Counseling, Community development, Social works etc
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a similar role in an INGO
- Proven experience in Anti Sex and Human trafficking
- Management experience will be an added advantage
- Previous experience working and coordinating with other stakeholders (police, shelter homes, other NGO’s, etc.).
- Understanding of family development and community development, and sustainability of programme responses and outcomes
- Experience in the field of Human Trafficking services and/or prevention including prior experience with, or demonstrated commitment to, developing and implementing a collaborative approach to addressing the complex needs of trafficked victims
How to Apply