The Leprosy Mission Nigeria (TLMN) is a Christian Health and Development Organization working in partnerstiip with the Federal Ministry of Health and with the State Ministries of Health in 10 states (Akwa lbom, Kogi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi Benue, Katsina Nasarawa and the FCT- Abuja) towards the eradication leprosy and the care/restoration of persons and communities affected by leprosy.
We seek to recruit suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer (Research)
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reports to: Research Advisor
Department: Programmes and Operations
- This position entails the development, implementation and review of the TLM-Nigeria Research Agenda to ensure effective translation of research into local policy and practice.
- Also entails the provision of support in multi-sectoral coordination of research stakeholders in TLM-Nigeria as well as dissemination of research products in local, regional and international conferences in alignment with the TLM-Nigeria Country Strategy across all levels.
- Develop, and disseminate the TLM-Nigeria Research Agenda which outlines key research priorities for the country in alignment with TLM-Nigeria Country Strategy.
- Support implementation of TLM-Nigeria Research Agenda including coordination of research stakeholders at national and county level.
- Undertake reviews of the TLM-Nigeria Research Agenda to determine progress in implementation and inform resource allocation.
- Engage partners to mobilize resources for the implementation of TLM-Nigeria’s research agenda.
- Prepare concept notes and terms of Reference for various research projects for funding from partners.
- Support the delivery and implementation of various research and innovation programmes.
- Undertake research, write research reports & facilitate dissemination of findings.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head of Programmes and Operations.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Epidemiology or closely related field.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years experience in research; at least two (2) years of which should involve working experience in health research as evidenced by publications in scientific journals, presentations in research conferences and/or successful research grant submissions.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively deal with stakeholders in leprosy/NTD research that range from institutions of higher learning, ethics review committees, leprosy/NTD research & implementing partners as well as development partners.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to be able to deal effectively with various research stakeholders.
- IT proficiency is an added advantage.
- Team player to effectively engage with other team members for delivery of the various roles of the Operations and Programmes Unit.
- Analytical, strategic planning and policy making skills.
Deadline: 24th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal Employer Opportunity
- TLM is an equal-opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, gender, color and disability.
- Qualified women and persons with disability are strongly encouraged to appIy.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.