Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Driver
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Driver for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order One (TO 01) in Northwestern Nigeria. SHARP TO 01 will implement accelerated scale-up of interventions and cost-effective innovations to improve access to and quality of HIV/AIDS and TB service delivery, while strengthening the national health system in the Northwestern states of Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto and Zamfara.
- The program will support HIV testing services, HIV diagnosis and treatment, HIV care and support, laboratory services, and health systems strengthening. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Kwara, Nigeria.
- Provide reliable and secure driving services by driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel.
- Update the logbook for vehicle usage on a daily basis for proper recording of mileage, Including keeping records of use of vehicle, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing and other services.
- Collection and delivery of mail, pouch, documents and official materials to and from partners.
- Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities, if needed.
- Ensure proper day to day maintenance of assigned vehicle and safe keeping of vehicle accessories, e.g. Jack, first aid kit, etc.
- Ensure availability of all required documents pertaining to the assigned vehicle.
- Perform miscellaneous office support functions such as messenger services and making photocopies.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education: Minimum of secondary education is required.
- Proven qualifications in safe driving. Valid Nigerian driver’s license and good driving record is required.
- Understanding of auto mechanics required, Certification in mechanics or automobile maintenance will be added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies
- Good knowledge of the city and local roads.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with others.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures.
- Ability to operate a vehicle and good driving skills.
- Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English is required. Understanding of other local language is an added advantage.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Deadline: 25th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply