Kloverharris Limited is a Human resource/IT Consulting company that provides high quality services to businesses across Africa. We pride ourselves in how well we assist organizations overcome challenges that bother on optimal performance by proffering a wide array of solutions through the use of deep IT expertise, industry- wide expertise and highly proficient tools.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager (Telecommunications)
- The Telecommunications Specialist has primary project management responsibility for the installation, repair, and preventive maintenance of the telecommunication systems (data, telephone, networks, video, fiber).
- The person will be responsible for writing specifications for bidding, implementation of installations, and monitoring vendor compliance.
- Assists professional staff, outside technicians and contractor/vendors with system planning, project management, installation and implementation, trouble shooting, and problem resolution related of the systems.
- Assists professional staff in preparing project specifications, implementation and final performance check out.
- Provide backup support on distance learning systems; trouble shoots and effects repair directly or calls in vendor support for T1, fiber, PBX, and data networks.
- Responsible for special setups such as registration events and other special telephone, data, or video networks.
- Assembles and installs voice and data network components and other communications equipment connecting units with inside and outside service wires. Checks installed equipment for proper operation.
- Installs and repairs communication wiring/cables, splices cables, waterproofs cables, and similar duties. Performance of these duties may require working in tunnels or on ladders.
- Operates computer assisted design equipment in support of data networks.
- Specifies, trains for and monitors the use of test equipment.
- Provides technical assistance to users to determine system needs and cost.
- Designs/maintains the cable plant for new data/telephone/video networks.
- Ascertains equipment malfunctions using industry approved testing procedures, locates and diagnoses the nature of defect, and repairs malfunctions.
- Supervise installations, repairs and maintenance of video projection equipment used in classrooms.
- Responsible for maintaining skill level and knowledge of developments within the field by participation in training opportunities, studying manuals, and reading journals and technical publications.
- Performs duties characteristic of lower and/or similarly classified technicians/engineers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Telecommunications Manager.
- Maintains communication/fiber optic equipment and parts inventory/records; requisitions parts and equipment according to procedures.
- Install, repair, and maintain PC’s, data and voice equipment used in a network configuration between campuses and remote locations.
- Document work performed. Maintain accurate records of software and appropriate hardware settings, stating equipment location and features, as-built drawings of all telecommunication systems, and system cable records.
- Supervise student workers as needed.
- Associates Degree in Electronics or Data Communications. BS or BA degree preferred.
- Substantial experience in a comprehensive data installation and repair facility running local and metropolitan area networks.
- Experience coordinating and prioritizing work assignments and maintaining work flow to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of electricity and electronics and sophisticated electronic testing equipment.
- Working knowledge of personal computers.
- Ability to read and interpret complex electronic equipment schematics.
- Ability to deal harmoniously with vendor/contractors in implementing various projects.
- Ability to physically perform the duties of the job such as lifting equipment, laying wires in tunnels, etc.
- Ability to maintain a satisfactory work performance and attendance record.
- Substantial experience in construction of wire plant for voice, data and fiber.
- Experience in telephone line, trunk circuits and basic telephony principals.
- Experience in basic video and audio technology.
- Familiar with principles of compressed video distance learning systems.
- Experience in PC, printer and related equipment diagnostics and repair.
Deadline: 6th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.