Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection & Control Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- To ensure that network is duly optimized for maximum productivity across the franchise
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 1 – 3 years of experience.
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Good report writing and oral communication skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Ability to read and work off blueprints as well as interpret drawings, diagrams and specifications on a variety of types of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Proficient in Windows based computer applications as well as manufacture specific software
- Adheres to the Corporation’s high safety standards by following approved safe working plans, worker administered and operator administered protection plans and wears appropriate personal protective equipment when required.
- Ensure adequate and functional protections of power equipment such as protective relays, testing of switch gears, transformers etc. are carried out from time to time (Preventive and corrective maintenance) thereby ensuring proper operation of protective devices in the injection substations.
- Engages in Pre-commissioning and commissioning of Distribution and Power transformers within our franchise area (either public or point load)
- Ensure relay coordination interface between the Transmission Station and Distribution Substations for efficient and reliable operation of the distribution network
- Calibration of all protective relays in any new and existing constructed injection substation(s) thereby carrying- out the installation and wiring of protection and control schemes on power equipment.
- Interpret/Upgrades electrical drawings maintain accurate records of work performed and provide written reports as required.
Deadline: 1st September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online