Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organisation in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, malaria prevention, and treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, newborn, and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the British Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers, the Global Fund and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career growth and advancement, an excellent working environment, and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit self-motivated and highly qualified persons to fill the under-listed vacant position, in response to organisational expansion into new geographies:
Job Title: Regional Finance Manager
Reference ID: sfh-93423
Employment Type: Full Time
- This position will be responsible to serve as the Finance, Operations and Administration Manager for the Northeast Region of the IntegratE Project 2.0, comprising of Gombe, Borno, Bauchi and Yobe States.
- He/She will support the Programme Regional Team Leader in the management of the states under their purview and have a dotted reporting line to the Project’s Finance and Admin Director.
- The position is critical to Project’s activities as it will serve as the Finance and Admin hub for the management of the project at regional level.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Posting and documenting of all financial transactions.
- Scanning of all Financial documents into local archive for safe keep and easy retrieval.
- Conduct monthly cash count on the petty cash and prepare a certification for the balance as the end of the month
- Prepare a monthly Bank Reconciliation Statement for the Region
- Act as the Secretary of all procurement committees at regional level and generate a report on all procurement process.
- Issue Letter of Award for all procurement within the regional limit.
- Prepare and forward to HQ, analysis and recommendation for all procurement process that is above the regional limit.
- Ensure smooth running of all the activities/administrative component of the Field Office operations.
- Provide appropriate support to the Regional Team Leader on Administrative matters
- Any other duty as assigned by the Regional Team Leader and Head Office Finance Department.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a First Degree in Accounting or its equivalent in a relevant field.
- Must possess the ACA qualification.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience with progressively increasing responsibility in NGO finance & administration, logistics management and protocol experience.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Proficient in the use of SAP ERP
- Proficient in International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS)
- Excellent written and oral communication skill, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, comfortable working and supporting large teams in a collegiate system and presenting financial information to donors, partners and government stakeholders
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for this position is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
Deadline: 31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply. We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH.
- However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified candidates who are residents in the states where the roles are situated are strongly encouraged to apply.