Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organisation in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, malaria prevention, and treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, newborn, and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the British Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers, the Global Fund and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career growth and advancement, an excellent working environment, and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit self-motivated and highly qualified persons to fill the under-listed vacant position, in response to organisational expansion into new geographies:
Job Title: Regional Team Leader
Reference ID: sfh-38379
Location: Gombe (covering Gombe, Borno, Bauchi, and Yobe States)
Employment Type: Full Time
- This position which is located in Gombe state will be responsible for effectively coordinating the regional activities of the project and its partners in the Northeast region of Nigeria comprising of Gombe, Borno, Bauchi, and Yobe States.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Lead strategic planning, state and community level advocacy, partnership, and mobilisation for effective project implementation in the region.
- Lead the coordination of facility-based implementation of the IntegratE Project 2.0 in States under his/her supervision (Gombe, Borno, Bauchi, and Yobe States)
- Work with other consortium partners to provide evidence-based information to inform the design and implementation of the project.
- Support capacity building, FP and other service Area update training during staff orientation.
- Facilitate documentation and other administrative responsibilities at regional and state levels.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a First Degree in Pharmacy, Nursing or any of the Biological Sciences
- A Postgraduate Degree in Public Health, public/health administration or social works or related field
- Must have a minimum of 8 – 12 years post qualification experience in programme management, training and managing family planning, maternal and child health programmes especially in the private health sector.
- Strong skills in advocacy, financial management and people management.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Excellent understanding of the PHC and FP Service Delivery in the private health sector including pharmaceutical service delivery.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, comfortable working and leading large teams in a collegiate system and presenting to donors, partners and government stakeholders
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, use of Microsoft suite software
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for this position is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
Deadline: 31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply. We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH.
- However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified candidates who are residents in the states where the roles are situated are strongly encouraged to apply.