Joseph Ayo Babalola University is a faith-based private University established by Christ Apostolic Church, Worldwide, in 2006, to provide high quality tertiary education in Nigeria. Its main objective is to use education to bring about moral regeneration, godliness, selfless leadership, and positive attitude to education in Nigeria and beyond. In its fifteen years of existence, the University has applied teaching, research and service to encourage and stimulate academic delivery and to continue its vision of being a world-class university in the 21st century.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Registrar
- We are currently recruiting a seasoned administrator to fill the position of Registrar.
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University. He/She is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University.
- The Registrar is the Secretary to the Board ot Trustees Governing Council, Senate, Convocation, Congregation and other statutory bodies as defined by the University Law. He/She shall perform all other duties assigned to him/her by the Council and/or the Vice-Chancellor, from time to time.
The person vying for the position of Registrar shall meet the following criteria:
- A person of impeccable integrity and strong moral character with ability to relate excellently with staff, students and the general public.
- He/She must be digitally compliant, up-to-date in the use of information and communication technology and knowledgeable in the automation of Registry operations.
- A Christian (preferably of Christ Apostolic Church, Worldwide) who is visionary and innovative with exemplary leadership and good communication skills.
- He/She must be in excellent physical and mental health, and be between 45 and 60 years of age as of the time of assumption of duty.
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate must possess a good honors University Degree and a Master’s Degree.
- He/She must also have at least (15) years post qualification experience, out of which a minimum of three (3) years must have been spent in a position not less than that of a Deputy Registrar in a Nigerian recognized university.
- The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years, renewable for 1 term subject to satisfactory performance as may be determined by the Governing Council of Joseph Ayo Babalola University.
Remunerations and Conditions of Service
The person appointed shall be placed on Consolidated Salary Scale and shall enjoy other conditions of service applicable to the position of a Principal Officer of the University.
Deadline: 14th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application with (30) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with the following:
- Full Names
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Permanent Home Address
- E-mail and Phone Numbers
- Degree (Including Dates / Class and Institutions) and / or any other qualifications and distinctions (Photocopies of Certificates to be attached)
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present posts
- Vision for the University in the next five years (not more than 500 words)
- Other activities outside Current Employment
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed.
All Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with the envelope marked “Post of Registrar Jabu” and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Joseph Ayo Bobalola University,
P.M.B 5006, Ilesa,
Note: In addition to the Names and Addresses of three Referees, applicants should request their Referees to forward References on their behalf directly to the address above.