Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: RISE Data Validation Team Lead Consultant
Position Reports to: RISE Senior SI Advisor
Slot: 3 Openings
- TMEC-RISE program is a 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- In Nigeria, TMEC-RISE is supporting the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among priority populations, build capacity of local implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct, achieve and maintain epidemic control.
- RISE project aims to achieve and maintain primary prevention and 95-95-95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
- Achieving the objectives of the RISE project requires a strong and efficient strategic information system that is able to use data to inform programmatic decisions. The right decisions depend on the correct data. This requires the availability and use of correct data at all levels.
- RISE will commence the support of HIV activities in Taraba state. This will require a proper audit of the data to ensure that RISE implements with the correct baseline data. As a result, RISE will conduct full data validation and audit in 29 health facilities providing comprehensive HIV services in 15 LGAs.
- RISE will engage 21 consultants to validate about 54,000 folders in 14 days
- Undergraduate and/or Postgraduate Degree in Medicine, Medical Sciences, Statistics, Demography, International Development or related field.
- At least 4 years’ post-NYSC professional experience
- Experience conducting data quality/validation exercises
- Familiarity with USAID/PEPFAR programs and HIV/AIDS response.
- Resident/Familiar with the North East programming contexts.
- Must be able to speak local languages and English.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and within a team.
- To provide oversight to other data validation consultants.
- To validate the current number of clients on accessing HIV services in the 29 HF in Taraba.
- To enter details of all validated clients on the modified RADET template.
- To provide technical assistance to the medical record on how to report the High Frequency Indicators (HFR).
- To conduct site verification using the national site assessment tool
- Address any other M&E issues as they present on the field
Deadline: 7th August, 2021. (COB).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified consultants should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title and location e.g. “Data Validation Consultant Team Lead, Taraba” as the subject of the e-mail.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.