The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shelter Technical Assistant, Nigeria
Job Identification: 2731
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Job Category: Shelter
Job Schedule: Full time
Role and Responsibilities:
- NRC is seeking candidates for the position of data assistant. Under the overall guidance and supervision of the shelter program coordinator, the assistants ensure accurate data management and reporting for core competency projects.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Support the work of shelter core competency staff through the development and maintenance of an up-to-date database
- Produce regular, high quality qualitative and quantitative reports as required
- Ensure correct data entry and proper filing of documents
- Provide feedback on how to improve, core competency’s data collection, entry, storage, analysis, and presentation
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Ensure the timely and accurate uploading of all data (outputs, outcomes) collected by core competency staff onto the database
- Oversee the operation of the assigned core competency database including Kobo (beneficiary lists, etc), conducting data verification, updates and improvements as required
- Set up data validation systems for effective management, identifying and addressing errors in collection or input
- Produce detailed, relevant, and high-quality qualitative and quantitative reports as requested
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the assigned core competency team’s data collection methods and tools
- Conduct regular training for Shelter staff to improve the quality of the data being collected
- Support M&E and assigned core competency staff in outcome survey and reporting
- Report monthly on an internal platform
- Update and report on a monthly basis indicator tracker for different projects
- Support proper filing of documents and compliance with data protection policies
- Conduct desk reviews and produce monthly updates on assigned core competency updates in Nigeria especially in Borno and Adamawa states.
- Core Competency Specialist
- Project Managers and Coordinators
- M&E Team
- IT Coordinator/Officer
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results.
- They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- These are skills, knowledge, and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic Professional Competencies
- University Degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant fields.
- At least 1 – 2 years experience working with databases and data management platforms
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English
Context / Specific Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining databases
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining mobile data collection platforms. Previous experience of Kobo/ODK and other CAPI systems strongly preferred
- Ability to present complex data clearly
- Experience in humanitarian/emergency shelter is desirable
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office, Excel, SQL, Access, etc
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling an insecure environment
- The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual.
The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework.
Deadline: 12th August, 2021 at 3:01 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online