Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SHOPS Plus Nigeria TB Communication Specialist
Job Identification: 100588
Location: Lagos, NG
Job Schedule: Part time
- The World Health Organization declared Nigeria a high burden country for tuberculosis (TB), multidrug-resistant TB (MDR-TB), and TB-HIV, in part because of its low case detection rate. Improvements in TB case notification would contribute to an easing of Nigeria’s TB burden while also preventing the further spread of the disease. To improve case notification, Nigeria’s National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) is working to ensure that high-quality TB screening, diagnosis, and treatment services are available in both public and private sector health facilities.
- In support of these goals, the USAID-funded Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) Plus program is working across Nigeria to increase TB case detection and treatment through private sector approaches.
- In line with the International Standards for TB Care and Nigeria’s National Strategic Plan (NSP) for TB Control, SHOPS Plus is mandated to increase TB case notification by ensuring high-quality TB care through the entire TB service provision cascade in the public-private mix (PPM) settings. SHOPS Plus aims to increase the systematic screening of OPD attendees in clinical facilities and walk-in clients in stand-alone laboratories, community pharmacies (CPs), and patent and proprietary medicine vendor (PPMV) outlets.
- TB case detection will increase in private facilities with the prompt identification of presumptive TB, access to high-quality diagnostic services, and prompt treatment of diagnosed TB patients.
Objectives and Summary of the Communications Specialist
- The Communications Specialist will provide strategic communications consultation and guidance to the SHOPS Plus Nigeria TB program. The Specialist will plan, drive, implement, and monitor the communications plans to advance SHOPS Plus’s mission and strategic plan.
- The Communication Specialist will have strong writing, editing, presentation, and interpersonal skills and can act independently.
- The Specialist will have strong skills in the field of communications, media relations, social media, digital, news and/or staff engagement communications activities and will demonstrate a strong understanding of the communications discipline along with critical thinking and strategic counseling skills.
- The Communications Specialist will possess project management skills and the ability to manage projects through the entire project life cycle.
The following are objectives of the Communications Specialist:
- Support strategy planning and execution for communication plans and programs, major organizational campaigns and initiatives related to media relations, organizational communication, community relations, social media and executive communication.
- Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Ensure the organizational voice and narrative, and Mission, Vision and Values, including the culture and heritage of founding organizations, are present in all communication efforts.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
- Support and evaluate the results of communication campaigns with the team.
The Communications Specialist is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Coordinate with the Kano SHOPS Plus team, the Rockville office, and a videographer to complete a 5-minute video about the SHOPS Plus program
- Coordinate the production of success stories
- Support various lessons learned webinars
Timeframe and level of effort
- The Communications Specialist will provide support for the communications strategy of the SHOPS Plus Nigeria TB program and complete deliverables outlined below for no more than 20 days of LOE per month from August – November 2021.
- Completed SHOPS Plus Nigeria TB program 5-minute video
- Communication strategy created outlining media outreach and social media content
- Support provided for communications pieces including success stories for the SHOPS Plus website and webinars
- Bachelor’s (BS) Degree in Communications or other relevant field
- One year (BS) of relevant communications work experience, especially with public health topics
- Ability to write communication pieces for a wide audience
- Strong abilities to organize communications-related activities including video and success story production
- Able to build credibility with peers and stakeholders
- Able to assess opportunities for improvements and demonstrates willingness and ability to adapt to change
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communications skills in English
Deadline: 24th August, 2021, 10:00 pm.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online