Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Business Manager (West Central)
Locations: Osogbo – Osun or Ado Ekiti – Ekiti
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to: Zonal Business Manager, West.
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate, and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia.
- If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
- The State Business Manager is a senior professional for Greenlight Planet EasyBuy channel in Nigeria who will lead sales and distribution operations across Osun and Ekiti states and their environs.
- This is a leadership position that takes full operational responsibility for all market-side functions of the direct sales business.
- Achieve Easy Buy Direct & Retail Sales revenue targets.
- Ensure Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly reports are accurate and submitted within agreed timelines.
- Ensuring that reports are prepared and submitted on time to the Management.
- Strategic planning.
- Proper management of default rates to agreeable set limits by overseeing quality customer registration, collection and repossession.
- Recruitment and Retention of state sales teams through proper training, management and performance review.
- Proper recruitment of teams following set guidelines and policies by GLP HR.
- Objectively document review process and set time for subsequent reviews.
- Maintain optimum headcount as agreed from time to time
- Ensure that all teams have the required tools and materials for trade execution
- Develop and Propose incentives to motivate the channel and Team to ensure high levels of motivation and performance.
- Develop and implement action plans for trade with clear corrective measures where required.
- Ensure that all competitor activities are countered with effective responses to avoid loss of market share.
- Ensure Visibility in the trade is high and as per agreed picture of success at all outlets.
- Management, Development and Nurturing of Direct Reports and resources assigned to self.
- Ensure that all costs and expenses are kept within acceptable levels and within budget
The ideal State Business Manager:
- Has a Degree in a Business-related field or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience in field sales or in a sales environment.
- Has excellent Computer knowledge with comprehensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Has extensive Customer Care experience
- Familiar with Osun and Ekiti States – coverage areas for the role.
- Must reside in either Osogbo or Ado Ekiti or be willing to relocate to either.
- Has high innovative skills, thinking out of the box, tests out opinions, cost-conscious
- Is excellently skilled in Planning, Organizing, Prioritizing, Maximizing value and see the big picture
- Is able to develop trust, skillfully builds relations, works on internal & external relationships
- Listens well, coaches’ others and is disciplined in their learning practice
- Has Operation Excellence (Keeps promise, is Decisive, seeks to be informed and gives excellent Customer Satisfaction).
- Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment, and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people: We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, or disability.