Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant (Innovation)
Job ID: 210005U7
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Post Type: National
Team: Development Programme
Reports to: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
- Level 3: The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for supporting the management of vehicle fleet, assets, communications and procurement to ensure effective, transparent and accountable Supply Chain support to the Save the Children Programs in Kogi. Liaison with program teams to ensure adequate Supply Chain consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation. Provide technical support and guidance to program teams on Supply Chain elements of distribution & procurement planning.
Key Areas of Accountability
Warehousing, Inventory Management and Stock monitoring:
- Count and record the quantity on appropriate documentation
- Monitoring of stock levels at the health facilities
- Receiving and collation of monthly LMIS reports from health facilities
- Shelf life monitoring for health commodities
- Daily update of movements of commodities in/out of the store
- Participate in Monitoring and Supporting supervision at health facilities
- Provide support in the training of the health workers on e-LMIS tool
- Preparation of weekly / monthly consumption report
- Conduct of cyclic counts and inventories in accordance to project schedule
- Planning of the needs and requisition of re-supplies
- Check and maintain Store security measures, e.g. locks, windows, and maintain SCI key management policy.
- Report to the line manager / security responsible in case of problems
Administration & Reports:
- Maintain all Supply Chain files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner; develop shared electronic & manual files to ensure easy access to information.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics/Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Statistics, computer science ,Business, Health Logistics Related Field
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Good
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 2 years
- Experience in data analytics and information management
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment.
- Experience in procurement and Supply Chain with INGO, Government or private institution
- Experience in health supply chain management is desirable
Skills And Behaviours (our Values in Practice):
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
Deadline: 27th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply