Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a Leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Organisation Development & HRIS
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
About the Job
- The Team Lead, Organisation Development & HRIS shall be responsible for the development, implementation and management of the OD strategy, practise, programme and initiatives for Nigerian Exchange Limited.
- The candidate also serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas in ensuring HRIS data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analysing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- This role will be responsible for Organisational Development Strategy, Performance Management, Succession Planning, Human Resource Information System Management (HRIS), HR Business Processes Development/Improvement, Organisational Development, Change Strategy, OD Research/Policy Development, Job Design/Evaluation, HR Analytics, Career Management/Planning, OD Standard Operating Procedures, OD/HRIS Budgets and OD Risk Management. This role reports to the CHRO at the Corporate Headquarters.
- Responsible for developing and designing OD strategies and related projects, such as position descriptions, organisational improvement, resources optimisations, job design/evaluation/pricing, OD/Change Management and compensation analyses.
- Design and deliver OD and change management strategies, processes and interventions that support Nigerian Exchange’s desire to be a high performing organisation; to include initiatives which foster a high performance culture, where valuing learning, continuous improvement and diversity are the norm.
- Maintain and responsible for the design and update of the Organisation Structure, advise HODs/DH on the appropriate structure and reporting hierarchy.
- Support organisational planning including creation of organisational charts, review of roles and responsibilities and job descriptions.
- Collaborate with the relevant stakeholders in leading the design and implementation of an integrated talent management strategy, succession plan, and career development programmes providing expertise advice to Management.
- Responsible for the development, implementation of the Employee Performance Management Policy, facilitate and build awareness by providing training and on-going support to all levels of staff on the performance management process and systems
- Oversee employee compliance with all performance management processes (annual performance review process, goal setting, probationary reviews, employee development planning). Responsible for timely completion of performance reviews and evaluations for all employees, and working with the CHRO to ensure consistency of quality in appraisal documentation.
- Responsible for developing and designing metrics for the implementation of 360 degrees Performance Feedback Process.
- Oversees the development, planning, facilitation, coordination and implementation of an organisation-wide performance appraisal program and provides advice and recommendations to the management and employee as required.
- Collaborate with Learning and Development team to conduct research and recommend performance intervention programs to applicable employees.
- Collate and analyse results of performance evaluation exercises and prepare Executive Management reports for further decisions and actions
- Track process of all administrative changes (transfers, promotions, terminations) processes involving the review and approval of management
Career Management / Succession Planning:
- Design, develop and lead the implementation of the Career Development and Succession Planning strategy and framework and connect the career development strategy with the business strategy and HR Strategy.
- Develop, implement, monitor and update employees’ career development plans, succession plan framework, and retention plans; define criteria to identify critical and key positions; select and identify “Successors” of the key/critical positions in coordination with concerned division/department heads, for example using the 9 Box Matrix/Model of Performance and Succession Management.
- Support various staffing needs to determine methods/strategy to address current and future conditions, including retention management, realignment and recruitment planning, in relation to career path planning and management.
- Collaborate with Learning and Development Unit to develop training plans, identifying educational opportunities for employee development and oversee the development of processes, programs and criteria for the identification of high potential employees
- Develop, coordinate and promote career development strategies, including career awareness, exploration, planning, and job shadowing opportunities. Provide career development, occupational, labour market, etc information to all staff members as required.
- Manage the process of replacement planning, succession planning, key employee retention design, change management, workforce management and development.
- Collaborate with Line Managers and Talent Management team, and the Management to coordinate succession planning activities including the identification of High Potentials, and facilitate the preparation of Individual Development Plans.
HR Business Processes Development/Improvement/Analytics:
- Develop and implement an evaluation framework across all OD initiatives, monitoring quality in order to drive continuous improvement
- Manage the process development framework including process integration with other processes as well as design reviews with Business and IT. Develop and manage project plans, schedules, and quality gates to track the progress of projects.
- Analyse OD/HR process improvement opportunities and utilise the most effective internal tools for driving maximum process efficiency; OD Research, HR Business Processes Development and Improvement.
- Responsible for translating the HR related business requirements for a specific value stream into standardized business process designs and on-going business process management across the department.
- Lead, ensure compliance and manage HR business process standardization and optimization across the organization. Understand Business Drivers, Strategy and objectives, and process documentation and Key Performance Indicators/Metric Standards
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Prepare reports, such as organization and flow charts, and career path reports, to summarize job analysis and evaluation and compensation analysis information.
Research/Policy Development and Standard Operating Procedures:
- Responsible for the development, updating and documentation of all OD related policies and practices develop and promote adoption within the organisation of HR Best Practices.
- Maintain the Performance Management/360 feedback, Succession Plan, etc policies and procedures
- Lead the design, development and implementation of programmes, policies and strategies tailored to meet OD needs and programme goals
- Develop and maintain all OD related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) documents.
- Responsible for managing the Departments’ Standard Operating Procedural process. Coordinate the production and communication of Standard Operating Procedures to all stakeholders and manage multiple projects to ensure timely completion and accuracy.
Desired Competencies and Skill Requirements:
- Strong Generalist HR knowledge and competencies.
- Good appreciation of HRIS database design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with databases tools.
- A commitment to collaboration and a joint-accountability approach
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint and HR Automated Systems.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
- Good project management skills
To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have:
- HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Social Management Science disciplines, preferably in the Human Resource Management
- An OD qualification, or equivalent professional knowledge gained through appropriate experience working as an OD specialist or as a HR Generalist with an OD focus; membership of a professional body – CIPM, CIPD, PMI, SHRM, etc is an advantage.
- Qualification or certification in Project Management Methodologies, is an advantage
- Minimum 7 years of HR Generalist or specialist experience
- Experience and exposure to Organisational Structure Design, Project Scheduling and Process Mapping tools such as Visio, Excel, MS Project, Smart Arts, etc. is an added advantage
- Managing the HR function as a Strategic Business and Technical Partner, consideration and application of Global Best Practices with demonstrated knowledge and experience in HR Solutions implementation and management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online