Sankore Global Investments – Founded in 2010, Sankore Investments is a wealth management firm that provides advisory, brokerage, fund management and other investment services to a range of clients including individuals and corporations. Our mission is to help our clients build, manage and preserve their wealth and we do this primarily by providing a bouquet of investment services tailored to the individual needs of each client. We are duly licensed by the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and hold the following SEC registrations across our business units: Investment Adviser, Portfolio Manager, Fund Manager, Broker/Dealer, Registrar, Issuing House and Trustee. We believe in Financial Inclusion and this is expressed in the technology products developed by one of our subsidiaries – Wealth Tech Limited.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technology Intern
Job Type: Full-time
- The Technology Intern will be responsible for providing front-line primary technical support to end-users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software, and peripherals.
- The Technology Intern must have excellent problem-solving skills to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalate or route them to appropriate Technology staff members.
- The Technology Intern will also perform root cause analysis, develop checklists for typical problems and recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention.
- This position will support multiple platforms including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and videoconferencing equipment.
- This position may require independent work, sharing information, and assisting others with work orders.
The responsibilities of this role will be broad and include:
- Responding to technical support tickets.
- Liaising with the customer to determine the nature of the technical issue.
- Connecting to the Team Member’s computer system via remote access.
- Resolving hardware and network malfunctions at team members’ locations.
- Identifying the nature of the hardware, software, or networking issue.
- Providing the Team members with resolution choices.
- Installing new hardware systems, software upgrades, or networking cables.
- Fixing any software or hardware issues.
- Providing minor technical or operational training.
- Completing IT support logs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Familiarity with networking systems and protocols.
- Knowledge of remote desktop support systems.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- In-depth knowledge of computer hardware systems, routers, and peripherals.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas simply and summarize them effectively.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to streamline processes in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- A positive, can-do attitude and willingness to get the job done.
- Proactive, motivated, and possess poise and self-confidence.
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively, balancing multiple deliverables efficiently.
- Ability to engage and work collaboratively with colleagues, and multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of operating systems, office software, enterprise software, and server systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to bring innovations to operations.
- Highly organized.
- Intellectually curious.
- A strong focus on excellence.
- Self-driven and goal-oriented.
- A thirst for knowledge and learning
Deadline: 31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: