The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Female Internship Programme (Partnerships & OIM Intern)
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Duration: 8 months
- The purpose of this female internship programme is to build WFP employer brand as an employer of choice among university students, bolster female staff representation and build the national talent pipeline for WFP’s future requirements.
- The programme is also expected to promote a better understanding of the United Nations among the participants through experience in the World Food Programme and Improve youth employability though providing an opportunity for work experience to female fresh graduates, and university students.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- University degree in Political Science, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or Journalism, Business Management, Social Sciences or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated interest in international humanitarian development.
- General knowledge of information management best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive analysis and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Fluent in English Language
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- The intern will be required to carry out well-defined activities and straight forward analytical work, working closely with a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed. Support operational information management and performance reporting (OIM & PR) activities and contribute to the establishment and presentation of standard operating picture of WFP programme portfolio and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels throughout the organisation.
- Support staff in assigned area to ensure that standard OIM & PR procedures and templates are followed to drive the quality, consistency and standardisation of information management and performance reporting across WFP.
- Collate relevant information and data from media and local internal and external sources to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data flow between functional area networks in WFP, to provide operational awareness and understanding of events that may have humanitarian and/or operational impact.
- Support the collation and dissemination of political and humanitarian analysis pertaining to WFP current or future responses and donor policies, trends and preferences to ensure country specific input to WFP’s operational reporting.
- Support the collation, analysis and communication of information, pertaining to the operational environment and available human, financial and physical assets in order to facilitate access to timely and accurate information used at country, regional and corporate level.
- Support the Annual Reporting Exercise in collaboration with the country office programme, monitoring & evaluation, logistics and resource management functions to ensure coherence and quality of performance information.
- Collaborate with counterparts internally to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement WFP analysis and information.
- Support the assurance of defined quality standards in all processes and products.
- Other as required.
Other Specific Requirement:
- Must be a Female.
Terms and Conditions
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$942, paid in local currency according to the prevailing United Nations exchange rate.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from the WFP internship location, necessary visas, and costs related.
Deadline: 11th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.