Kwara State University, Malete was established on 24th December, 2008. The certificate and instruments to operate the University were obtained on 9th February 2009 from the National Universities Commission (NUC), Abuja. Thus, the Kwara State University became the 34th State University and the 95th University in Nigeria to be registered by the NUC. The Kwara State University has existed for over a decade as an enviable citadel of learning and research.
The University, aside its passion for community development, has consistently maintained and towed the line of its: Vision:”to be foremost in expanding the frontiers of knowledge and be most innovative in disseminating knowledge towards advancing the cause of humanity” And; Mission: to be the fulcrum of a knowledge-driven society, building human competences and fostering determination and competition among people through the instrumentality of modem technology.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: University Bursar
Location: Malete, Kwara
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- He/she shall provide the University Management with appropriate advice and support for all of the institution’s financial transactions including investments.
- Prospective candidates must hold a good First Degree in Accounting from a recognized University. In addition, he or she must: Be a member of at least one of the under listed professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (CAN),
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
- Chartered Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA).
- Have been registered with the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria for not less than 3 years at the time of application.
- Be information and Communication Technology (IT) compliant.
- The candidate must have served as Deputy Bursar for at least five (5) years and must have a minimum often (10) years overall cognate experience in a recognised University bursary.
- In addition, applicants must not be more than 59 years of age at the time of application.
- The appointment of University Bursar is for a term of five (5) years with eligibility for possible re appointment for another term of five (5) years only.
- The successful candidate shall be entitled to the salary on CONTISS 15 and other conditions of service as may be applicable to Bursars of Government owned Universities in Nigeria.
Deadline: 29th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send twenty (20) copies each of their Applications and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) attaching copies of relevant credentials. The applications should be forwarded under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “POST OF BURSAR” at the top right corner and addressed to:
Kwara State University,
- Referees: Each applicant is to request three (3) referees to forward confidential reports on him or her to the Vice-Chancellor at the above-stated address.
- Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged