Kwara State University, Malete was established on 24th December, 2008. The certificate and instruments to operate the University were obtained on 9th February 2009 from the National Universities Commission (NUC), Abuja. Thus, the Kwara State University became the 34th State University and the 95th University in Nigeria to be registered by the NUC. The Kwara State University has existed for over a decade as an enviable citadel of learning and research.
The University, aside its passion for community development, has consistently maintained and towed the line of its: Vision:”to be foremost in expanding the frontiers of knowledge and be most innovative in disseminating knowledge towards advancing the cause of humanity” And; Mission: to be the fulcrum of a knowledge-driven society, building human competences and fostering determination and competition among people through the instrumentality of modem technology.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Malete, Kwara
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the Administration of the University Library and coordination of all Library services in the University. (i.e in the Main Library and in Libraries across all campuses of the University).
- The University Librarian is a member of the University Management Committee. As an academic staff, the University Librarian will be required to provide both academic and administrative leadership to staff of the University Library.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidate for the position of University Librarian, Kwara State University must:
- Possess a good First Degree and Masters Degree in Library Science or equivalent field.
- Possession of a relevant doctorate degree will be an added advantage.
- Have served as a Deputy University Librarian for at least five (5) years and must have a minimum of ten (10) years overall cognate experience in a recognised University Library
- Possess several scholarly publications.
- Have a good command of ICT knowledge
- Demonstrate ability to provide inspiring administrative and academic leadership
- Not be more than 59 years of age at the time of application.
- The appointment of University Librarian is for a term of five (5) years with eligibility for possible re appointment for another term of five (5) years only.
- The successful candidate will be entitled to the salary on CONTISS 15 and other conditions of service as may be applicable to a University Librarian in Government owned Universities in Nigeria.
Deadline: 29th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send twenty (20) copies each of their Applications and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) attaching copies of relevant credentials. The applications should be forwarded under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “POST OF UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN” at the top right corner and addressed to:
Kwara State University,
Ilorin, Kwara State.
- Each applicant is to request three (3) referees to forward confidential reports on him or her to the Vice-Chancellor at the above-stated address.
- Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.