Black Pen Recruitment – Our client is a Seychelles-based remote Company. They designed a fast, cheap and fun way to make transactions in Africa. From currency exchange to business accounts, their app is utilized by people across all walks of life in Africa. They have not only partnered with regular people but they have also partnered with some of the biggest telecommunications and banks throughout Africa.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice President of Risk and Compliance (Fintech/Startup)
Job Type: Full-Time | Remote
- Are you experienced in Risk and Compliance? Are you looking for a remote job? Do you want to be a part of an up and coming startup?
- As Vice President of Risk and Compliance, you will work closely with the Head of Risk and Compliance. You will build, roll-out, and enhance our client’s evolving enterprise risk management framework.
- Supporting the Head of Compliance in the development and implementation of a Risk and Compliance framework for the company across all jurisdictions of our operations.
- Advising the business on the management and investigation of Risk and Compliance issues including KYC, AML, CFT and fraud risk.
- Engaging regulators and commercial counterparties on Risk and Compliance issues in line with our internal policies and directives.
- Managing and coordinating the risk and compliance team across all locations by determining hiring needs and accountabilities; supporting recruitment, selection, orientation, training, and internal communication protocols within the risk unit; and communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures.
- Supporting the team on any related tasks in support of the delivery of our growth strategy and carrying out other relevant tasks relevant to the development and maturation of our Risk and Compliance function in the context of our overall growth strategy
- Learning about new developments in the sector; staying up to date with current best practices
- Working with the Head of Compliance and the Compliance team to ensure fiscal, regulatory, and legal compliance of our products with international best practices
- Collaborating with the finance team to ensure all relevant legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with financial laws and regulations
- Contributing to and fostering an open environment for communication and collaboration within the risk team and between the risk team and other units
- Helping to make a place where everyone feels welcome to lead, learn, and thrive together
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
- Education: we do not mind what or where your educational background is, provided that you have the requisite career experience and skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in risk and compliance, within the African fintech, financial services and/or payment services sector.
- Strong experience and networks in Nigeria and/or Kenya are a plus.
- Experience helping to build and operationalize a risk and compliance framework from the ground up. In depth experience in relevant risk and compliance fields including financial crime (AML, CFT, KYC) and data protection, with experience or exposure to client onboarding and screening; transactions monitoring; and ongoing due diligence.
- Strong planning, implementation, and communication skills
- High degree of attention to detail, professionalism, and thoroughness.
- Excel at both long-term macro planning and sudden risk crisis management
- You have a growth mindset
- Flexibility, agility, grit, discipline, accountability, reliability, and ownership over your work.
- You maintain enthusiasm and resolve in the face of the type of challenges, surprises, and adversity that come with scaling a fintech business across Africa.
- Relevant risk, compliance, or financial crime certifications are a plus
- Fluency in English required.
- Our client offers shares as part of their benefits package. They want all employees to enjoy the success of their organisation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online