VIVA Cinemas is a movie theater offering wide variety of Nollywood and Hollywood blockbuster movies in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reviews and prepares financial statements and management report.
- Vetting and Develops guidelines of financial document for the maintenance and reconciliation of financial data; maintains and reconciles the more difficult financial control records for expenditures, allotments, receipts, and encumbrances.
- Designs, revises, and implements accounting systems and procedures in accordance with IFRS.
- Reviews budgets and prepares related budget documents as required by Management.
- Determines and analyze direct and indirect costs in order to determine the cost of sales and other operational cost.
- Maintains records and prepares reports and correspondence related to the work and performs related work as assigned.
- Determination and payment of Third-party contract and other necessary payments.
- Preparation of salary & wages (Pay as You Earn tax) for all VIVA Cinemas for vetting and approval
- Preparation and remittance of staff pension, tax involving withholding tax (WHT), Value-added tax and other tax related matters.
- Bank reconciliation statement and postings of transaction on Veezi POS software.
- Accounting entries (cost of sales, third party revenue and cost)
- External relationship/meetings (banks, tax authorities – Federal & State Govt. etc).
- B.Sc in Accounting or similar fields
- Must possess a professional certification
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as an accountant
- Knowledge of Cinema Industry is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting theories, principles, methods, practices, and terminology in a multidisciplinary and multi-functional environment.
- Knowledge of cost accounting and cost funding procedures.
- Ability to collect and organize accounting data, interpret its significance, and prepare accurate financial report
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting systems (Access Dimensions, SAGE, Microsoft etc.)
Deadline: 28th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.