Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Backend Software Engineer – Crypto
About Our Tech Stack
- Node.js + Typescript service-based architecture
- React Native Android/iOS application
- PostgreSQL application databases
- RabbitMQ for inter-server communication
- Server hosting on Heroku and Google Cloud Platform
- Fully automated CI/CD using Heroku CI and Github
- Application monitoring with Datadog, Logz.io, and Amplitude
- Snowflake for data warehousing and analysis
- Python for in-depth data analysis, transformation, and reporting
- The Crypto team at Chipper is currently a small, close-knit team that is expanding rapidly as we seek to add new features and integrate with more providers.
- As a product focused team, we always seek to include stakeholders from design, product, and engineering in the decisions we make so that we provide the best user experience.
- We are adventuring and bold and look to be pioneers for crypto in Africa. We have a lot of hobbies outside of work and are passionate about things that interest us. Much of the team has a genuine interest in blockchain technology and the latest technical advancements in engineering.
What You Will Be Doing
- Integrating with several APIs
- Working with the Product, Design, and Engineering teams regularly
- Building engineering code solutions that scale reliably
- Collaborating with other engineers from other teams
- Reviewing code submitted by other engineers
- Supporting investigations for any incidents or bugs that arise
- Scoping new features and writing technical specifications
- Mentoring junior and mid level engineers
- Participating in planning meetings and architectural discussions
What You Should Have
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- 4+ years of experience working in either Crypto or Fintech
- 4+ years of experience working with API Integrations
- Experience architecting systems and then implementing them
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You have completed a degree in Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Bonus: You have the ability to program or understand smart contracts and Decentralized Finance (DeFi).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online