Achievers University, Owo was approved and licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2007. The institution commenced academic activities on 2nd April, 2008. The University, which is situated in a serene and conducive environment, has matriculated 13 sets of students and ‘graduated nine sets of ‘Achiever’ who are making their marks in all spheres of human endeavours. The University now fully operates at its permanent site at Km 1, Idasen-Ute Road, Owo.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Owo, Ondo
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University He is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial matters of the University.
- The holder of the Office of Bursar should be able to coordinate the development and upgrading of the University’s financial management plans. He/she should also be able to coordinate the preparation of income expenditure, statement of financial position, cash flow estimates and budget.
- The Bursar shall ensure that accurate financial records of assets and liabilities held by the University are maintained as well as monitor monthly income, expenditure and statement of financial position against the budget.
- He/she is expected to provide the University Management with appropriate advice on the institution’s financial transactions such as fundraising, planning, proposals, preparations, source of external funding and their requirements.
- Candidate for the post of Bursar shall be visionary and have the ability to provide leadership, possess personal integrity and demons transparency in private and public life.
Qualifications and Experience
- The applicant should possess a good First Degree or its equivalent from a recognized university and must, in addition, be a member of any of the following professional bodies: ICAN, ACCA, ANAN, ACMA
- Possession of Master’s Degree in a relevant programme will be an added advantage.
- He/s he must have attained the rank of Deputy Bursar in a recognized University.
- The candidate must be computer literate with a working knowledge o relevant accounting packages.
- He/she must be sound physically and mentally so as to be able to perform all the duties assigned to him/her by the extant laws of the University and as may be directed by the University Council and the Vice-Chancellor.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The salary and conditions of service are similar to those of the post of Bursar in Nigerian universities and as determined by the Governing Council of Achievers University from time to time.
- The Bursar shall be appointed by the Council for a period of four years in the first instance and on such terms and conditions as specified in his/her letter of appointment, and, upon satisfactory performance, shall be eligible for another period of four years only.
Deadline: 30th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit ten (10) copies of their Applications and Curricula Vitae, including names of three referees, to:
P.M.B. 1030, Owo,
Ondo State, Nigeria
Candidates sould send soft copies of their Applications and Curricula Vitae to: email@example.com
- Applicants should request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover directly to the above address.
- For further information, contact Tel: 08033746527 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org