Technoton Limited has for over 30 years, provided quality engineering products and services to a wide spectrum of clients in Nigeria. Our clientele includes organizations in building, manufacturing, and oil & gas industries, and other organizations. We are active all over Nigeria with a presence in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kebbi, and other Northern and Eastern States. Incorporated in 1988 originally as Techno Mechano Ltd, Technoton has alliances and technical partnerships with world-class, globally recognized manufacturers and firms. In the same vein, we also invest in staff training both locally and abroad.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, closing business relationships and ensure customer satisfaction in the MEP Industry
- Developing growth strategies and plans
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients with plan to increase client base
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Writing business proposals
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customers’ needs
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
- Following industry trends locally and internationally
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives
- Ensure overall delivery and quality of the unit’s offerings to customers
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities
- Create and implement a structured plan to achieve set targets.
- Schedule and attend client meetings with aim to convert to clients
- Ensure activities comply with legal and ethical standards as well as Technoton’s policies.
- Actively monitor market trends through personal contact with clients and industry associated meetings/events and seminars. Provide feedback to the Operations Manager.
- Deliver an excellent client experience at all times, ensuring client needs are met or exceeded.
- Proactive and responsive to clients and prospective clients.
- Proactively develop and improve processes to service clients.
- Determine an efficient communication procedure to alerting sales management teams of issues that impact client delivery or service.
- Fosters good teamwork. Strength of working relationship with the team. Works in a collaborative way with the team.
- Increased understanding of clients and their requirements and what makes our service valuable.
- Minimum of First Degree in Engineering with an MBA (Sales/ Marketing) with a minimum of 3 years cognate experience in the MEP Industry with track records of performance.
- Extensive contacts in the aforementioned industry
Skills & Competencies:
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrate skill in the use of Microsoft office suite
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to lead a team to deliver great results
- Proficient in the use of design software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to prepare detailed proposal, report and make presentation to large group
- Must have previous experiences in business development in a well-structured organization, pursuing and negotiating contracts
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization in person and over the telephone is a MUST.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight reporting schedule.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively in a team.
- Must be comfortable with working in a target driven environment.
- Must be conversant with social media.
Deadline: 10th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified expatriates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using “Business Development Officer” as the subject of the mail.