HRbreakoutRoom – Our client is an asset management company registered and licensed by the Securities and Exchange Commission in Nigeria. The company’s goal is to be the No. 1 asset management company in Nigeria within 5 years. They plan to revolutionize Nigeria’s investment and asset management industry by utilizing technology to make savings and investments intelligible, accessible, and affordable. They will use digital tools and channels to democratize access to investing, using technology to provide superior processing, unprecedented product choice, and enhanced service delivery. The company will provide innovative asset and wealth management solutions to meet the needs of Nigerians across the country’s varied economic income and wealth brackets.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Investment Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The CIO will build on the organization’s momentum and lead the growth of the firm’s investment products and portfolio.
About the Position
- The core purpose of this role is to provide strategic oversight to the firm and client investment assets, design and establish investment products and processes and aggressively grow assets under management.
- As CIO, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the short and long-term investment strategy of the firm.
- You will report to the Board of Directors and will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the firm’s investment, research, trading, risk management, and compliance teams (the “Investment Management Group”).
Overall Strategic Leadership:
- Lead the development of innovative investment products to meet clients’ needs
- Develop and lead the implementation of the firm’s investment strategies, policies, and guidelines
- Design, establish and manage effective and efficient investment processes
- Devise strategies for the growth of assets under management
- Articulate investment beliefs and foster an investment culture within the firm
- Demonstrate fidelity to the organization’s culture in words and deeds
- Lead the Investment Management Group to achieve investments, products, and AUM
- growth objectives.
- Participate in the activities of the firm’s Executive Council
Investment and People Management:
- Innovate in the design and construction of investment products and investment funds
- Construct and manage a broadly diversified investment portfolio (including funds) and
- optimize performance within the risk appetite established by the Executive Council
- Evaluate market conditions, identify trends and make tactical adjustments based on quantitative and qualitative evaluation
- Develop investment and operational due diligence processes and procedures
- Oversee the registration and management of top-class collective investment schemes
- Source high-quality external investment managers evaluate their trading strategies for
- potential investment, and negotiate investment terms
- Design risk management methodologies and monitor investment risks at all levels
- Lead investor relation and business development efforts within the firm
- Measure investment performance and provide periodic reports to the Executive Council and Board of Directors
- Ensure complete compliance with the Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulatory bodies’ guidelines
- Build and manage a high performing team of experienced investment professionals
- Establish best investment practices, ethical standards, and investment code of conducts amongst the Investment Management Group
- Execute other job-related duties as they arise.
- Undergraduate Degree in any field
- An exceptional, experienced, self-directed leader with 10-15 years of professional experience structuring and managing high performing investments.
- Demonstrated passion for technology and for developing sophisticated investment tools for clients
- Evidence of being a doer – strong work ethic and self-accountability, and high emphasis on excellence
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, with a high degree of empathy
- Comfortable driving results in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to pay close attention to the details that make the difference between doing a
- good job and doing a great one
- Belief in the importance of lifelong learning and continuous development of self and
- team members
- Comfortable in an open and collaborative, team-focused, work culture
- A clear sense of a personal mission for one’s career and life
- 10-15 years professional experience
- 5 -10 years of strategic leadership in an investment management role within asset
- management, investment banking, pension funds, insurance, or other related segments
- Strong experience in portfolio and fund management
- Strong background in research, credit analysis, and risk management
- Experience in treasury management
- Effective at managing, communicating, and collaborating virtually across distributed
- Experience managing teams and organizations through a growth process
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
You would be a good fit with our organizational culture if:
- You have a passion for helping individuals achieve their full potential
- You proactively initiate action when you see a problem, regardless of whether it is “your responsibility” or not
- You are curious and enthusiastic to keep learning new skills throughout your life
- You love working with people from very different backgrounds, as that can lead to new ideas, fun experiences, and opportunities for growth
- You are self-driven and result oriented.
N600,000 – N1,000,000 monthly based on experience and qualification.
Deadline: 27th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.