Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Cluster Procurement Manager
Job Number: 21101677
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Brand: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type: Management
- Functions as the property’s strategic leader for the purchasing of supplies and products used at a location.
- Formulates an approved vendors list encompassing all categories.
- Purchases and approves payment of items following the correct procedures that have been established.
Core Work Activities
Engaging in Strategic Planning and Decision Making:
- Develops means to improve purchasing process and financials.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
- Ensures compliance with all brand established systems and procedures.
- Creates a Purchase Requisition/Purchase Order System for the property and ensures employees are trained on this system.
- Conducts inventories.
- Ensures accurate administration of all invoices and adheres to proper bookkeeping procedures.
- Maintains operations by developing policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensures inspection of all deliveries to verify accuracy and quality of product.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Implements and enforces all control procedures for property goods entering through the purchasing/receiving areas.
- Ensures staff is properly trained regarding procedures, sanitation, equipment handling and chemical usage.
- Ensures compliance with sanitary procedures.
- Maintains inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions etc.
Leading Purchasing Operations:
- Supervises operations of Purchasing Department.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Solicits employee feedback and uses an “open door policy.”
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hiring training to successfully perform their job.
- Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge:
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Demonstrates knowledge of budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to maintain financial management of the department.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals:
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Manages department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Keeps departments informed by confirming and clarifying purchase orders or contracts.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
Required Education and Experience:
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting or related major.
- Experience in Hospitality is mandatory.
- 2 years experience as Procurement Manager in Nigeria is mandatory.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.