Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a not – for – profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives.
WEWE is registered as a national NGO with CAC under incorporated trustees and its registration number is CAC/IT/NO33132.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication / IT Associate
- Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE), a women-led, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is seeking job applications from qualified candidates to fill in the position of Communication / IT Associate for Abuja.
- WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
- WEWE is currently implementing a USAID-funded project and a US CDC funding project and we are looking for talented, gifted, and intelligent individuals that are God fearing.
- This position is recruited strictly on merit. We do not have already existing candidates and we are sincerely looking for the best candidates that can add value to our Communication / IT Team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying and effectively communicating project success by developing success stories, case studies and short documentaries.
- Updating and maintaining WEWE’s website, social media platforms and blogs.
- Engage with mainstream media (Electronic and Print) to increase WEWE’s visibility and promote project impact.
- Coordinate staff meetings, prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required.
- Produce radio jingles and TV promotion / social media promotional materials to promote key messages on all the activities carried out by WEWE.
- Develop an online communication strategy and campaign using blogs, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social media platforms to promote WEWE’s visibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- A graduate with Bachelor’s Degree in English, Linguistics, Mass Communication, Journalism, or any Social Science related field.
- Must have completed NYSC (or have a written exemption letter) with a First or Second Class Upper Division (2.1) only.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a reputable Organization in a similar role.
- Extremely strong computer skills, with knowledge of relevant publishing software such as but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Ms. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Desktop Publishing (Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, PDF, illustrator, InDesign – CorelDraw.
- Experience in Media Production ,Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn).
- Extremely strong in written and oral English language.
- Ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships, including relationships with donors and partners.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Have a high degree of accountability and integrity.
- The post holder should understand and appreciate the importance of the confidentiality requirement of the position, have good time management and analytical abilities.
- He/she is expected to be results orientated, be able to orient employees be a team player, be pro-active and creative, be culturally and gender-sensitive, be a good listener, be committed to self-development and be able to make sound judgments under pressure.
- Experience working with international NGOs, local civil society organizations, bilateral and multilateral donors in a multi-cultural, politically sensitive environment is an advantage.
Deadline: Friday, 1st October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS Word or PDF document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CV as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis.
- WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected for each location.
- While WEWE thanks all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.