Guaranty Trust Holding Company (Formerly Guaranty Trust Bank Plc) is a multinational financial institution that provides individuals, businesses, private and public institutions across Africa and the United Kingdom with a broad range of market-leading financial products and services. Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria and with subsidiaries in Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Sierra Leone and the United Kingdom, the Bank currently employs over 12,000 professionals and has Total assets and Shareholders’ Funds of N4.057trillion and N661.1Billion respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Credit Analyst
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Reports to: Chief Risk Officer
Industry: Financial Services
- The Credit Risk Analyst will assist in assessing the creditworthiness of an individual or company.
- This would be done by gathering financial/non-financial information about an obligor and making recommendations as appropriate on credits.
- He/she should be up to date on the happenings in various industries to enhance the quality/requirements for credit applications and be able to make recommendations to the organization on procedural or policy changes.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Evaluate clients’ credit data and financial statements in order to determine the degree of risk involved in lending money to them.
- Review and analyze credit requests to determine financial and non-financial strengths, risk levels, and feasibility of proposed credit relationships and transactions.
- Prepare reports and communicate regularly about the degree of risk in lending money to clients.
- Develop and prepare spreadsheets and models to support analysis of new and existing credit applications.
- Fill out loan applications and include the credit analysis and loan request summaries, then submitting these loan applications to loan committees for their approval.
- Conduct thorough analysis of financial statements and assessment of credit requests, including new requests, changed requests, refinancing and annual due diligence.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other business-related fields
- Minimum of 4 – 5 years of experience
- Professional qualification in; Financial Risk Management (FRM), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Superior quantitative analysis skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good understanding of financial statements, spreadsheets, ratios, and concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and research skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good investigative skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, SQL/relational databases and or related software
Deadline: 30th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online