Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Success Manager, User Operations (Reviews)
About the Role
- We’re looking for an experienced customer success leader to help Paystack build Africa’s most delightful customer experience.
- We approach customer support a little differently at Paystack. For one thing, customer support is housed within our Growth department, which reflects our deep belief that the quality of our customer interactions is an important growth lever. Our customer support team is also deeply embedded within our product delivery teams, to ensure a strong feedback loop between what we’re seeing in the field, and rapid process and feature improvements.
- What this means is that in addition to responding quickly and helpfully to both merchants and merchants’ customers, our primary goal within the User Operations team is to build scalable systems that pre-empt friction before it happens. And where we discover inefficiency, we work closely with cross-functional teams to implement long-term solutions which ensure that those issues never happen again.
- We’re able to do this by hiring smart, empathetic problem-solvers, and giving them custom tools that empowers them to accelerate growth for Paystack merchants.
What is the Scope of Responsibilities?
- The Reviews team ensures that all businesses in Nigeria, Ghana, and South Africa collecting payments with Paystack meet the necessary regulatory requirements to do so.
- As the Customer Success Manager for User Operations (Reviews), you will work with the Product, Engineering, Design, and Marketing teams to build a delightful onboarding experience for businesses signing up on Paystack, while ensuring that those businesses go through rigorous checks.
- These checks are super important to maintain the trust that people have in the Paystack brand. When a customer makes a payment to a business using Paystack, they should have the confidence that that business has been meticulously vetted before being allowed to transact.
- You will optimize that vetting process, and lead a team of User Operations Specialists to ensure that businesses collecting payments with Paystack do so safely. You will study historical data from businesses we’ve onboarded in the past, and gain familiarity with regulations in the countries we operate in to create business review processes that help us onboard great businesses while preventing bad actors. You will also develop resources to help businesses understand how to operate compliantly in different markets.
- There has never been a better time to join Paystack. We’re building the financial technology rails that thousands of businesses across several countries rely on to drive growth, and as the CSM for User Ops, you and your team will ensure a high level of operational efficiency that keeps us worthy of their trust.
- This is a remote-friendly, full-time role, reporting directly to the Customer Success Lead. The successful candidate will ideally be physically located within the GMT -3 to GMT +3 timezones. If you’re based outside Nigeria, the role will require occasional travel to Lagos, Nigeria at least four times a year, when it’s safer to travel.
We’ll trust you to:
- Set up tools and processes which ensure that users reaching out to Paystack receive helpful responses, quickly. You’ll optimise our communication channels to ensure that we always have the optimal number of agents at all times, and that our self-serve tools such as our Help Centre documentation are constantly improving.
- Hire and coach members of the Reviews team.
- Establish and nurture relationships with the most reliable Business Process Outsourcing partners in the markets in which we operate. You’ll hold them accountable for high performance, deliver trainings that keep them abreast of product improvements, and more.
- Be an advocate for merchants internally, and design tight feedback loops between customers and the Product and Engineering teams to improve onboarding and reviews processes.
- Continuously develop processes that will ensure we preemptively identify fraudulent merchants who intend to harm customers.
- Collaborate with teams across the company, including Engineering, Legal & Regulatory, and Compliance teams to define requirements and processes, question assumptions, and broadly ensure that we’re providing a delightful onboarding experience.
You’ll thrive as Paystack’s CSM for User Operations (Reviews) if you:
- Have a solid understanding of anti-money laundering (AML) and know your customer (KYC) requirements in at least one regulated and high-risk industry
- Have a proven ability to understand and interpret regulatory concepts into practical business requirements while preserving an elegant experience for merchants
- Are constantly seeking out ways to improve how your team works with better tooling and processes. You are able to approach problems with first principle thinking and don’t get hung up on how the existing system is set up.
- Have an ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Care deeply about the customer experience and go the extra mile to help users solve problems. You are passionate about helping entrepreneurs navigate the often confusing regulatory landscape in order to operate with confidence.
Nice to Have:
- Have experience leading a team in AML, risk, onboarding or operations, preferably in high-growth technology or traditional finance companies
- Proficiency in SQL or other data analysis tools
- Legal training
- Experience using and managing CRM and other third-party tools to improve efficiency and ensure smooth running of tasks.
Deadline: 17th October, 2021 at 11:59 PM WAT.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Instructions (Read carefully)
- Click the Apply Now button to go to the application form, and answer the application question.
- In your cover letter, please take care to explain how your professional and personal experiences have set you up to thrive in this role. This is important. We find that while unsuccessful applicants tend to simply summarize their CV, successful applicants are able to clearly articulate how their background makes them uniquely suited for this role.