MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Centre Multiskilled Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Multi-Skilled Engineer will be responsible for the Data Centre physical infrastructure both for the White Space area and the other supporting infrastructure.
- He will maintain various sub-systems of the BMS like Chillers, PACs, Electrical Transformers & distribution panels, DG. He also needs to work on systems like BCPM etc. to monitor power consumption by Racks/ IT load.
Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Capacity planning and upgrade; ability to plan and upgrade systems within the infrastructure
- Carrying out troubleshooting and diagnoses of failed critical equipment and determine root cause of equipment failure, take first line corrective action to restore the equipment and ensure reliability improvement of same equipment
- Innovate, implement, and practice energy savings and reduce the cost of operation
- Evaluate new products and technologies to ensure efficient and effective infrastructure delivery
- Provide direction for the day to day operations and monitoring of the Data Center electrical & mechanical components such as CHILLERS, CRAC/CRAH VESDA & FM200, Access Control, CCTV, Water Leakage Detection etc.
- Performing, supervising, scheduling corrective maintenance in the Data Centers and change management
- First and second level troubleshooting and resolution of Mechanical related faults relating to Chillers, HPAC/CRAC units, secondary Pumps, Extractor fans, blower coils etc.
- First level troubleshooting and resolution of Electrical related faults relating to Generators, UPS, AVR etc.
- Ensures preventative and predictive maintenance program is implemented and followed throughout with support vendors as planned
- Maintain adequate records for undergoing operational audits both internal as well as external
- Facility vendor/Contractor supervision.
- Ensure proper and effective housekeeping within the facility upon completion of each task.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B-Eng. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- At least 3-5+ years of exposure working in large campus/Data Center establishments
- Excellent first-level ability to troubleshoot Mechanical and Electrical systems faults within the DC infrastructure.
- The capability of creating, understanding, and interpreting Single Line Diagrams with the view of resolving all levels of electrical issues.
- Good technical knowledge of various Electrical and Mechanical Distribution and subsystems
- Capacity planning change management and ability to develop MOP for all change and plan upgrades within the infrastructure.
- Strong team player
- Strong organizational skills and innovative problem-solving abilities
- Good communication & interpersonal skills, multitasking with an ability to interact with a wide range of people and be a good team player
- Excellent logical reasoning and troubleshooting skills
- ITIL Ver 4.0 and any relevant Facility Management qualification will be added advantage
Demands of the Job
- Running Shift and working extended hours considering the criticality of the infrastructure.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online