Fouchix – Our client, a leading Law Firm, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Editor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting To: Brand Manager
- The editor will be responsible for proofreading, revising, editing, copyediting and vetting the firms’ print publications, electronic publications, multimedia products and other materials.
- Coordinate online and print publishing cycle and manage content areas.
- Set publication standards and establish goals and expectations.
- Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences.
- Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors.
- Proofread, edit and improve articles, stories or pieces.
- Cooperate and liaise with the graphics designers, photographers, external stakeholders, writers, artists etc.
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines of the legal industry.
- Meet deadlines and budget requirements.
- Read content and correct spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors.
- Rewrite text to make it easier for readers to understand.
- Verify facts cited in materials for publication.
- Evaluate submissions from writers to decide what to publish.
- Work with writers to help their ideas and stories succeed.
- Develop story and content ideas according to the publication’s style and editorial policy of the firm.
- Allocate space for the text, photos, and illustrations that make up a story or content.
- Approve final versions submitted by staff.
Qualifications & Key Skills
- A minimum of a B.A / B.Sc Degree in English, English Literature, Mass Communications, Journalism or related field.
- A second Degree in English will be an added advantage.
- 2 – 4 years work experience.
- Certifications in grammar courses is required.
- Proven working experience as an Editor
- Strong understanding of grammar and syntax.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the rules of concord.
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio.
- Hands on experience with MS Office and InDesign, Photoshop or other publishing tools.
- Proven familiarity with SEO and social media best practices.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking.
- Prioritizing and multitasking.
Deadline: 30th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.