Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited [NESCO (Nigeria) Limited] is incorporated under the Companies act of the Laws of Nigeria. Its core business is to generate, distribute, supply and retail electric power in Plateau State and adjacent States.
We are recruiting suitably qualified, highly motivated, and well experienced candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Electrical Engineer & Mechanical Engineer
Location: Jos, Plateau
- The Electrical Engineer or Mechanical Engineer shall be responsible to the Assistant Chief Engineer (Generation) or Assistant Chief Engineer (Services) in the performance of his/her duties and responsibilities to efficiently and effectively perform generation or distribution functions in the Generation and Distribution Departments of Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited NESCO (Nigeria) Limited).
The Electrical Engineer or Mechanical Engineer shall be responsible, but not limited, for the following:
- Supervising, directing, evaluating and coordinating staff of the various Sections in the Generation and Distribution Departments;
- Designing, developing, manufacturing, installing and testing electrical/mechanical systems and equipment;
- Analyzing problems or deficiencies and developing solutions to resolve them;
- Inspecting completed installations for conformance with design and equipment specifications and safety standards
- Taking part in co-ordination and execution/implementation of new power plant and distribution network & systems projects;
- Co-ordination of spare parts and materials requirements, ordering and stock-keeping them in order to effectively implement maintenance programmes and hence ensure high plant, systems, network and equipment availability;
- Ensuring maintenance of high safety standards for personnel and plant & equipment to current Corporation’s Safety Rules and Factories Act;
- Preparation and co-ordination of maintenance programmes for electrical and mechanical power plant & supply facilities, associated civil works and ancillary plant/equipment
- Carrying out efficient and effective operation, maintenance, modification, and rehabilitation of power plant & supply facilities/equipment, including scheduled maintenance and preventive repairs on all electrical/mechanical systems, equipment and machinery, in power generation and distribution infrastructure/facilities;
- Assisting in preparation, co-ordination, and control of capital and revenue budget requirements for power generation and distribution infrastructure/facilities;
- Assisting in carrying out administrative duties to enhance smooth relationship between the departments’ sections and also with other relevant Corporation’s departments;
- Assisting in preparation of staff training programmes and promotion of training opportunities; and
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Assistant Chief Engineer (Generation) or Assistant Chief Engineer (Services).
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University or Polytechnic and NYSC Discharge / Exemption Certificate.
- The Applicants must also be registered member of engineering professional bodies including the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and must have at least two (2) years’ post qualifying hands on working experience in the planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of major engineering works with a strong bias towards power supply facilities.
- Applicants with past training in the electrical or mechanical field either through a work based apprenticeship or vocational training in a school setting followed by hands on experience in the power supply industry will have a strong added advantage.
Key Core Competencies:
He / she must:
- Have excellent oral & written communication skills;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and able to deal with a diverse workforce:
- Be self-motivated, a team player and results oriented;
- Be of high integrity;
- Be highly computer literate;
- Have creative, analytical mindset and logical problem solving abilities;
- Be highly detail oriented and have keen observation skills to spot and isolate potential problems with generation and distribution systems;
- Be ready to work in any of the Corporation’s infrastructure and installations including in remote areas.
Deadline: 8th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications under confidential Cover, enclosing copies of Certificates, detailed CV with Names and Contact details of three (3) traceable Referees to:
The Chairman of the Board,
Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited,
10 Barkin Ladi Road,
P. 0. Box 15,
Bukuru, Jos South,
Send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and Copy: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.