Cam is a Nigerian dairy company that aggregates raw milk from settled pastoralist communities and processes it into nutritious dairy products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Factory Manager
Reporting lines: The Factory Manager reports to the CEO.
- Câm is seeking to hire an experienced dairy Factory Manager looking for a new challenge and opportunity to manage a brand-new dairy facility. We are looking for an energetic individual who enjoys problem-solving and developing innovative solutions to challenges peculiar to our local environment.
- At Câm, you will experience an exciting, fast-paced, demanding early-stage environment where you will impact the lives of hundreds of pastoralists and contribute to the development of the local dairy sector.
- Our ambition is to create a modern and profitable industry in Nigeria and we are looking for partners to help us get there! The Factory Manager will be responsible for managing and growing an existing small team and preparing a new factory to launch operations for the production and packaging of pasteurised milk as well as Greek-style yoghurt.
- He/she will be responsible and accountable for all aspects of factory operations and performance.
- He/she will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner consistent with global food safety and quality standards.
- A successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, be ready to roll up his/her sleeves and solve problems under pressure.
- He/she should be looking to take on greater responsibility in their career and have a growth mindset that will be channelled towards product innovation, sustainable packaging and rapid growth.
- Compile and manage production plans according to company production targets
- Create an annual budget for factory operations to meet company production and performance targets
- Manage daily factory and laboratory operations
- Compile monthly reports on budget adherence
- Minimise input, packaging and finished product waste to a near-zero level
- Optimise fixed and overhead costs (labour and energy) against demand forecast and production requirements
- Ensure accuracy of monitoring systems
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data collection and recording for compilation of reports and documentation
- Maximise capacity utilisation in accordance with company strategic targets
- Create and manage preventative maintenance programs for all factory operations
- Ensure continuous compliance with food safety, manufacturing and quality regulations and best practices
- Plan and implement changes required for new product manufacturing, ensuring minimum disruption to existing operations
- Maintain food safety, manufacturing and quality systems, including HACCP, GMP and HSE
- Manage, oversee and coordinate shifts, line operators, cleaning and sanitation, lab technicians and maintenance engineers
- Have an excellent working relationship with Quality Assurance, Logistics & Distribution and Marketing & Sales departments to ensure efficient operations and delivery of exceptional customer service and support
- Prepare weekly production reports to management at the beginning of every week.
- Plan annual human resource capacity and development needs
- Fill team vacancies according to company policies and growth plans by using competency-based recruitment methodologies
- Develop routine training programs in collaboration with the People & Culture team
- Personify, promote and maintain company values, team motivation and morale
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Food Technology / Science or related fields, including Food Engineering, Packaging, Business or Production Facilities.
- Hands-on experience in dairy manufacturing.
- Experience using continuous improvement methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory requirements for food processing factories, including NAFDAC regulations.
- Food Safety certifications (e.g. HACCP, SQF, GMP)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools, Gsuite.
- Knowledge of dairy processing equipment and troubleshooting.
Skills and Attributes:
- You are organised and enjoy creating efficient and consistent processes and bringing structure to an organisation, ensuring things run smoothly and getting the organisation ready for growth and new opportunities
- You have strong past results in creating and implementing processes, ability to influence adoption in the team and iterating processes based on learnings
- You drive new initiatives, embrace and push for change, and are not afraid to try something new
- You learn quickly, can operate with high autonomy, and are willing to make a deep and focused commitment to growing the business
- You are an excellent communicator and have strong teaching skills
- You have strong problem-solving skills, think outside the box and have the ability to conduct root cause analysis investigations and develop solutions to fix problems.
- You are able to work in a diverse, team-based environment
- You have a demonstrated record of integrity and accountability
- You are an innovative and proactive thinker
- You have demonstrated leadership and management skills in your career
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- A car and a driver
Deadline: 31st October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online