Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Assistant
Requisition ID: req12039
- In April 2019 USAID awarded implementation of the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) cooperative agreement to a consortium led by Palladium. Data.FI is a $180 million, 5-year project which serves as USAID’s primary mechanism for data, technology, and health information systems to support HIV activities across strategic PEPFAR countries as part of a suite of large-scale global HIV programs representing the next generation of HIV/AIDS programs. The project plays a key role in USAID’s goals of helping partner countries on their journey to self-reliance and transitioning local organizations to prime recipients of USG funding.
- The overall goal of the project is to improve global, regional, and national in-depth analyses of HIV epidemiologic and program data that can be directly applied to expedite the achievement of PEPFAR targets to attain and sustain control of the HIV epidemic. The focus also includes directly supporting host country governments and implementing partners to further enhance existing health information system platforms to inform management responses to well-defined gaps in HIV/AIDS programming.
- In order to ensure rapid access to high quality data, Data.FI is working towards accelerating data utilization to rapidly course correct and take to scale cost-effective and impactful activities, models and approaches required to attain and maintain HIV epidemic control; scaling and optimizing in-country health information system capabilities to collect, exchange, adapt, govern, and visualize information in order to track the attainment and maintenance of HIV epidemic control; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium is currently recruiting a Finance and Administration Assistant to work for the USAID-funded Data.FI project.
- This person will be based in Abuja, Nigeria with some travel outside Abuja expected. The position will assist the project with activities related to finance, administration, and logistics.
- The position will report to the Finance Manager and will have a 1-year renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance and availability of donor funding.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with finance and administrative tasks related to Data.FI Nigeria activities.
- Process and coordinate monthly statutory deductions for payroll
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data
- Assist with event planning for and other activity related meeting/workshop planning and implementation. This includes venue, accommodation, transport, and per diem arrangements for participants.
- Maintain financial, procurement, and attendance records for all meetings and workshops.
- Coordinate with local vendors to obtain quotations, coordinate invoicing, and process payments for all service providers.
- Assist with the development of activity budgets for related project activities.
- Assist with the preparation of training materials and meeting documents (printing, binding, organizing/filing, and meeting minutes).
- Perform any other responsibilities as directed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics and Business Administration is preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience on same position.
- Familiarity with USAID funded projects and/or experience working on an international development project
- Prior experience supporting government meetings is a plus
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Keen attention to details
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online