Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Managing Director
- Coordinate and supervise payables Ledger activities, ensuring correctness and completeness of all invoices and requisite authorization before processing;
- Coordinate budget preparation and business plan activities and forecasting processes
- Develop financial policies to ensure operational efficiency
- Ensuring all relevant taxes are deducted on invoice before payment is approved;
- Responsible for the preparation of Assets and Liability revaluation for management account
- Maintenance of fixed assets register and ensuring depreciation and amortization are accurately calculated and recognized in the financial statement
- Ensure that reconciliation of all bank accounts indicating the elements of interest on loan/overdraft and other bank charges are up to date
- Vendor management by ensuring reconciliation of supplier account on a monthly basis and prompt resolution of issues.
- Review the creditors ledger balance periodically
- Responsible for reconciliation and monitoring of major foreign milk supplier statement which constitute about 90% of the creditors’ balance
- Ensure that all reconciliations completed on timely basis and differences are investigated and resolved promptly
- Managing the company account receivable, invoicing and collection process, ensuring prompt collection of receivables due.
- Implement a review of existing processes and controls to identify improvements that can be immediately implemented
- Prepare financial statements for the company
- Complete VAT returns and all tax returns
- Compute capital allowance and post
- Assist the company in managing commercial and reputational risks in its relations with external suppliers
- Provision of monthly payable and receivable reports for management decision.
- First Degree must be in Accounting
- Minimum of 7 years core experience in accounting/management account
- Must be a Certified member of ICAN/ACCA
- Must have Manufacturing Industry Background
- Excellent strategic planning skills.
- Ability to work independently and highly meticulous.
- Ability to lead and manage a team effectively.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials or any other financial software.
Deadline: 14th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.