Standard Bearers School (SBS) provides a child-centered academic programme in which our pupils are empowered to be the best God created them to be. We pride ourselves on raising a Godly generation of tech-savvy leaders, creating a culture of empowerment where every child can be a leader by equipping them with core skills and competencies for future work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: French Teacher
Employment Type: Full-time
- The French Teacher will be tasked with teaching students how to speak and write in French, developing a range of assessments including written and oral tests, and creating an overall positive learning experience.
- You must be able to work with children who have different capabilities and interests.
- Outstanding candidates are able to identify pupil’s strengths and weaknesses and take an innovative approach to language teaching.
- Assessing the capabilities of the students and developing appropriate lesson plans and curricula.
- Pronouncing words and phrases and explaining their meanings to students.
- Making recommendations to students for further learning and development.
- Organizing conversational classes and fun events where students can engage with French culture.
- Updating records and handling various administrative duties.
- Conducting research to develop appropriate learning materials, language games, and other teaching aids.
- Using both in-class activities and online resources and platforms to create a blended learning environment.
- Teaching the various tiers of French to students.
- Developing and grading informal and formal written and oral assessments.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in French Language or Literature.
- A Degree in Education or a teaching certificate may be required.
- Proven proficiency in oral and written French.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be tech-savvy, and skilled with the use of Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and other learning software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Patience and resilience.
- Innovative thinking.
- Good administration skills.
Deadline: 6th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.