KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria is a local non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the Nigeria. KNCV Nigeria is a local center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Grants and Compliance Officer
Vacancy Number: KN44
USAID Nigeria TB LON Region 1 and 2 Project
The TB LON Project is funded by USAID Nigeria and focuses on locally generated solutions to provide TB prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment and notification, while addressing stigma and discrimination. The TB LON region 1 and 2 project is to be implemented by KNCV TB foundation Nigeria to expand the provision of and increase access to TB services among formal and informal health providers through the engagement of the private sector, umbrella and local chapters of health and allied professional organizations, faith-based institutions, communities and civil society.
The project is targeted at increasing the number of tuberculosis (TB) cases that are detected, treated and notified to 437,895 within the five year grant implementation period 2020 to 2025 and implemented across 14 states in Nigeria; Bauchi, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Nasarawa, Plateau, Taraba, Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Benue, Cross River, Delta, Imo and Rivers State. The project’s four intermediate results are as follows:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB, DR-TB, and TB/Human Immunodeficiency Virus (TB/HIV) services;
- Strengthened TB service delivery platforms;
- ReducedTB disease transmission and progression and
- Accelerated TB innovations with improved impact on program implementation
KNCV Nigeria is working with a consortium of partners- two sub recipients- CCCRN and KNCV International and six strategic service package providers- Intrasat Global, IPCD, Jana Health Foundation, Diadem Consult, Public Health Concerns Ltd and TB Network. Towards meeting the project set targets, KNCV Nigeria and partners adopted a mixed model of community and facility based, health systems strengthening strategies and digital solutions to find TB cases in a Roll in, Roll on and Roll out staged approach. Roll in was in year 1 which is the planning stage, collaborations and capacity building, Roll on is the saturation stage in Year 2,3 and 4 while Roll out in year 5 is the transitioning Stage.
Purpose of the Position
- The purpose of the Grants and Compliance Officer is to assist the Senior Grants and Compliance Officer and the DFO to manage and coordinate KNCV Nigeria grants portfolio in order to strengthen health systems and improve health service delivery throughout Nigeria.
- The Grants and Compliance Officer will work closely with the supervisor to establish and follow a transparent grant process, and develop tools to implement the process, assuring that sound practices are applied at every stage of the grant process from guidelines to closeout.
- Hierarchically, the Grants and Compliance Officer reports to the Senior Grants and Compliance Officer.
As a Grants and Compliance Officer you will:
- Responsible for management of the grant Cycle from solicitation, evaluation and selection, responsibility determination, Grant agreement and award, monitoring implementation and closeout.
- Draft solicitations, document sub recipient source selection and grant mechanism to be adopted. Issue Request for Application (RFA) Expression of interest (EOI) etc.
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that grants operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract / award and donor requirements, and comply with KNCV Nigeria policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate staff members are aware of and understand laws, contract / award, donor requirements, and KNCV Nigeria policies and procedures.
- Ensuring funds are requested office as at when due, ensure grantee request for funds are disbursed promptly in line with grant mechanism. Ensure monthly deadlines are met
- Develop monitoring and mitigation plan and tracking sheets for grantees.
- Carry out on site supervisory visits quarterly to grantees, and develop and follow up on support plan.
- Ensure that all project reports are developed and submitted within the timelines specified in the Grant Agreement.
- Conduct Pre awards assessment, survey and due diligence checks for new partners, administer various assessment tools, collate reports and develop specific conditions for grant award as applicable.
- Develop and finalize grant agreement for all grantees and carry out modifications as applicable
- Liaising with the technical team facilitate grant start up / inception workshop for grantees, Prepare training sessions and conduct workshops in grants management , financial obligations, reporting management for grantees as necessary.
- Populate grant files and ensure they are updated both in hard and electronic copies.
- Carryout grantees financial assessment, monitoring and financial support.
- Work with the sub-recipients in meeting their Special award conditions as applicable Audit and Evaluation.
- Assist with the Internal and external audit preparations including putting together relevant documentation on grants.
- Coordinate all grants audits and ensure complete implementation of recommendations.
- Follow up on audit issues and provide appropriate response with support from Finance and director of operation.
- Documenting monitoring steps performed, the processes reviewed, and the result of the testing and reviews, documenting area of weakness, recommended action, timelines for implementation and technical support required from the donor and get it signed off by both parties.
- Close out all grants and issue close out letters and Financial Report Review.
- Review grantee financial report and process for disbursement.
- Carry out finance refresher training for grantees finance staff compliance management.
- Provide on-going guidance for technical staff on regulations.
- Monitor grantee to ensure compliance with USAID regulation.
- Perform other additional duties assigned.
- Must have at least Master’s Degree in Business Administration / Finance / Accounting
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field is strongly preferred
Knowledge / Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in disease surveillance improvement, with at least two (2) years’ experience in an international or resource challenged setting.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with key international TB initiatives and organizations, including those focused on epidemiology, surveillance and/or monitoring.
- Experience of USAID policies, regulations and procedures desirable.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in disease surveillance improvement, with at least three (3) years’ experience in an international or resource challenged setting.
- Demonstrated experience with public health disease programs and/or surveillance strengthening in developing countries (including national TB control programs and/or other infectious disease control) is highly desirable
- Experience or knowledge of TB surveillance methods is highly desirable.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines while producing quality content.
- Ability to travel
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references which must be indicated on the CV and can be submitted via: email@example.com You can apply for this position by indicating the job position and vacancy number as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 14th September, 2021.