Michael Stevens Consulting is a Management consulting company, whose focus has been on rendering the following services: Training, Recruitment of Personnel, Outsourcing of Personnel and rendering Financial and Management consulting services to the Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications, engineering services, Hospitality Industry, Public Sector, etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Portfolio Management
Employment Type: Full-time
- The head of portfolio management (PM) will be responsible for overseeing all investments and funds.
- He/she must work closely with wealth advisors to thoroughly understand and recommend appropriate solutions to meet clients’ investment objectives, risk appetite and time horizon.
- The PM will provide technical input on Investment strategies for managing collective investment schemes and private portfolios across asset classes including equities, fixed income, money market and real estate.
- The PM will coordinate new product development, enhancement of existing products and presentations to special audience including board committee meetings.
Role and Responsibilities
- Works closely with wealth advisors to design appropriate investment strategies that align with clients’ financial goals using privately managed portfolios, collective investment schemes, or structured products/derivatives.
- Supports the wealth advisors in consistently developing and distributing innovative asset management products and services to target audience including third party financial advisors in line with the firm’s goal to innovatively disrupt the operating environment
- Works closely with wealth advisors to understand client needs, and appropriately profile clients and prospects in line with personal financial circumstances, risk appetite, time horizon and investment objectives with a view to recommending suitable solutions to them.
- Develops investment management strategies for all portfolio types based on the firm’s investment philosophy, firm’s overall risk appetite, investment policy statements and portfolio management agreements.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the financial markets using fundamental and technical research to arrive at sound and timely investment recommendation
- Recommends appropriate investment types and management strategies based on sound understanding of clients’ investment objectives, investment products, market trends and outlook.
- Promptly initiates execution of purchase and sale of investment securities
- Responsible for bridging knowledge gaps among team members through knowledge sharing sessions, on-the-job training , supervision and empowerment.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of second-class lower division from an accredited institution.
- CFA/CIS/Master’s Degree or equivalent certification would be an added advantage or over 7 years of work experience in a leading institution.
- High degree of honesty and integrity
- Strong work ethics
- A proven track record of beating portfolio benchmarks
- Numerate and analytical; capable of evaluating complex financial information
- Accurate and methodical, with great attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in pressured environments
- Critical thinking
- Excellent communication skills are essential for writing reports and negotiating with clients.
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent knowledge of structuring, executing profitable portfolio investments within the firm’s and clients’ risk threshold.
- Sound knowledge of asset classes, investment products, traditional and alternative investment strategies.
Deadline: 14th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.